Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA 99/500 early graduation

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

BofA 99/500 early graduation

Account was opened on 5/24..   Last week, the increase credit limit link appeared on my account screen.. Clicked on it... I forget what amount I had requested, but submitted the info.. and then waited... Saw a HP on my TU the other day, and this morning my CL had increased to $1000!  Not a huge increase, but it shows that I am making progress with them - I'm going to call and see if they can PC into a rewards card, as this one has no cashback or anything...

I guess that it was worth doing the 99/500 in the end. I wasn't sure when I initially opened the account.. But, it did get me in the door with them, and after LESS THAN 6 MONTHS it has already paid off.

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BofA 99/500 early graduation

Congrats FLTG!! You definitely made a great choice getting your foot in . Pretty soon they are gonna clothe that foot and they outfit it with a great boot to romp around in all the loot they gonna leave at your feetSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

There is one thing that I have discovered about BofA since my own very first approval with them and that is.....

Treat Them Right And They Will Do The Same In Return And In Timely Fashion for their card customers.

CONGRATS!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

Account was opened on 5/24..   Last week, the increase credit limit link appeared on my account screen.. Clicked on it... I forget what amount I had requested, but submitted the info.. and then waited... Saw a HP on my TU the other day, and this morning my CL had increased to $1000!  Not a huge increase, but it shows that I am making progress with them - I'm going to call and see if they can PC into a rewards card, as this one has no cashback or anything...

I guess that it was worth doing the 99/500 in the end. I wasn't sure when I initially opened the account.. But, it did get me in the door with them, and after LESS THAN 6 MONTHS it has already paid off.

Congrats

Message 4 of 12
justanotherquestion
Contributor

how does the 99/500 work? my daughter is looking for a secured card.

Message 5 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I was offered mine when I was turned down for a regular Visa from them..

$99 deposit for a $500 CL... it is a partially secured card... I think the only way you can get it is if you are offered the card after a denial when you app for a normal card

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Message 6 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice.. Mine graduated at 5 months with a $1k CLI as well. Congrats to you!
Message 7 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Pizza, what is your CL now?

Message 8 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

Pizza, what is your CL now?

Still $1.5k...

my CLI was on 6/20, and I tried in October even with the CLI button showing online, and was declined....stating I just had one.  They like 6 months apparently in between CLI's, and considering my card graduated early, and they gave me a $1k increase, they suggested I wait 6 months from last CLI. 

My card will be 1 yro jan 19th, so will see if I get a small auto, but I doubt it, LOL.. I need to age my TU report some first, and I might try again in July next year. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That is so exciting. When I first started lurking here, it seems there was a lot negative feelings towards BofA. Lately, they are seeming to be an awesome lender. I'm really so excited for those of you getting all these secured cards graduated! I feel like I'd be a lot farther along I'd known about these type of secured accounts in my dirty file days.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.