Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Auto CLI whats up

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Re: BofA Auto CLI whats up

OP. you are lucky. my first bofa cash card is still at $1900. no increase for me..

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 11 of 16
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Hit that LUV button now!! No, I'm kidding. Seriously, wait the 6 months as others have said.

.....and congrats on your auto CLI

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 12 of 16
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I didn't do nearly as well as the OP in dollar amount, but did great in % amount. I also got a auto CLI on my BoA Visa on 2/28, from $300 to $1800, 500%!

I'm rebuilding from a 2010 BK7. I'd never had an account with BoA, but unfortunately they acquired a card from another lender and were included in Bk for $8k. I opened a secured card in May 2015 w/$300 deposit to get back in with them. I moved my checking to BoA in Nov. 2015 when my local small town bank announce they were closing. I got my Visa unsecured at around the 8 month mark, but it's been sitting at the paltry $300 CL ever since as I don't waste hard pulls on CLIs. Outta the blue I got an email 3/1, auto CLI to $1800, even though it's one of my least used cards because no rewards. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GetMeSlick wrote:

OP. you are lucky. my first bofa cash card is still at $1900. no increase for me..

Thanks, but try every 6 months. Takes forever with these guys compared to Amex or Discover.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I didn't do nearly as well as the OP in dollar amount, but did great in % amount. I also got a auto CLI on my BoA Visa on 2/28, from $300 to $1800, 500%!

I'm rebuilding from a 2010 BK7. I'd never had an account with BoA, but unfortunately they acquired a card from another lender and were included in Bk for $8k. I opened a secured card in May 2015 w/$300 deposit to get back in with them. I moved my checking to BoA in Nov. 2015 when my local small town bank announce they were closing. I got my Visa unsecured at around the 8 month mark, but it's been sitting at the paltry $300 CL ever since as I don't waste hard pulls on CLIs. Outta the blue I got an email 3/1, auto CLI to $1800, even though it's one of my least used cards because no rewards. Smiley Happy

You should be on your way now with them. Good job climbing your way back up. In 6 months request like 4x or 5x

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Hit that LUV button now!! No, I'm kidding. Seriously, wait the 6 months as others have said.

.....and congrats on your auto CLI

Thank you. I'm going to request both cards in 6 months. I know I'm probably bumping into some internal limits, but I'll request the other card first then this one I just got the auto increase on. Maybe in 6 months the credit floodgates will have opened up some more on a couple fed rate increases.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.