cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Better Balance Rewards approved!

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: BofA Better Balance Rewards approved!

The 99/500 was a card offered to me last August to start my credit rebuild. You pay a 99.00 deposit and they give you a 500.00 credit limit. It's supposed to graduate after a year but I see alot of people get it done at 10 months. The last time I called them with a question, they invited me to apply for one of their other cards....lol I told them I would look online later because I don't want anymore hp's.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 11 of 19
CreditAce
New Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:
The 99/500 was a card offered to me last August to start my credit rebuild. You pay a 99.00 deposit and they give you a 500.00 credit limit. It's supposed to graduate after a year but I see alot of people get it done at 10 months. The last time I called them with a question, they invited me to apply for one of their other cards....lol I told them I would look online later because I don't want anymore hp's.

Ah ok, that's a good deal! I wonder if you can PC the card to BBR once it graduates. BofA seems pretty flexible on PCing from what I've read. That way you wouldn't even have to take a HP.

Message 12 of 19
CreditAce
New Contributor

So I just chatted with BofA to clarify a few questions I had. It looks like I will be issued a World MC (true for any account with initial CL above $5000). I already have a Visa Signature so I'm curious how they compare? It looks like both offer a concierge service.

Message 13 of 19
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!! I want that card so badly...just afraid i will get denied and waste a HP when my secured card is up for graduation in May.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 14 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 19
colindidit
Established Contributor

I wonder if I could PC to this from cash rewards...I already have enough visas lol

Edit: the answer is yes I just did Smiley Tongue
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 16 of 19
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations on the great card!

@CreditAce wrote:

So I just chatted with BofA to clarify a few questions I had. It looks like I will be issued a World MC (true for any account with initial CL above $5000). I already have a Visa Signature so I'm curious how they compare? It looks like both offer a concierge service.

They are very comparable. Having both will increase the acceptance rate as you travel abroad! 

Message 17 of 19
linux007969
Established Contributor

I apped for it and was approved after a recon with a very nice "senior analyst" after i explained a few things and sweet talked her she approved me for $1,500 and the card arrived saturday! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 18 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats linux! Boa is a tough cookie to crack lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.