Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI, should I try back for more?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

BofA CLI, should I try back for more?

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 9.28.47 AM.png

Went from $2.3k to 6.6k, asked for 10k. Ive seen posts where people go back asking for more, do I stand a chance if I do?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA CLI, should I try back for more?

Try hitting the button again if same day.. I got two increases the same day with Same HP and others have as well.. Worse that will happen is 7-10 day message aka decline.  Good luck

Message 2 of 12
willwar14
Valued Contributor

hit the button again and asked for 15k denied. Called in and asked for the $10k request to be reconned, the analyst on the phone said she was recommending it for the full $10k approval, but has to go through a "Senior review", sounds a lot like chase lol.. maybe I should of asked for 15k but if it actually does get approved, going from 2.3k to 10k is pretty nice!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 4 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@willwar14 wrote:

hit the button again and asked for 15k denied. Called in and asked for the $10k request to be reconned, the analyst on the phone said she was recommending it for the full $10k approval, but has to go through a "Senior review", sounds a lot like chase lol.. maybe I should of asked for 15k but if it actually does get approved, going from 2.3k to 10k is pretty nice!

Congrats on the nice CLI!  Smiley Very Happy

I hope your recon turns out well, but remember there's also virtue in not having every credit line at the max possible, especially if you don't really need it.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

Congrats on the nice CLI!  Smiley Very Happy

I hope your recon turns out well, but remember there's also virtue in not having every credit line at the max possible, especially if you don't really need it.  Smiley Wink

+1 UncleB

Message 6 of 12
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Well, I just got a call from the analyst I spoke with yesterday saying that the Senior review team has completed their review, and they approved the full 10k. thats a good bump from 2.3k so im not complaining by anyones means, I did ask for that amount after all. I will have to give this card more use now that the CL is more usuable. and ill ask for a final bump in 6 or so months. I was honestly shocked that it was approved, maybe they liked the 150k of Synchrony accounts that I closed a few weeks ago.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, willwar, that is great news! 

I'm wondering how you got your Chase AARP up to 30k. Very nice limit for that card!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice CLI/s! BofA is much more generous than I ever expected!

Message 9 of 12
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Actually it's comical. My AARP card started off at $500, but I moved lines from my other chase cards to make it 30k

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.