cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards 10X CLI - $1K to $10K!

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BofA Cash Rewards 10X CLI - $1K to $10K!

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Congratulations 

@blindambition wrote:

Congrats on that very nice CLI!!! Between your CR and Apple, you've seen some very nice growth over the past year. Your odds on CFF are definitely in your favor!!! 👍🏻 

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Very nice CLI .. Congrats! ..

Thank you @JoeLuvsHisCredit @blindambition @M_Smart007 !

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 45
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good haul here, congrats on it Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 45
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

I've had my Bank of America Cash Rewards for a little over a year now and decided to ask for my first CLI on the card. When it asked me what I wanted as my new limit, I put in $10K knowing that they would counter with the most they felt comfortable with based on what I've read here. I sent the request in on Monday and got a 7-10 day message with a note indicating that it needed to be manually reviewed.

This morning, I got a nice surprise in my email:

IMG_4986.jpg

They gave me all 10K! I've heard that if they approve the entire amount requested, money was most likely left on the table. I'm sure I didn't leave much on the table! This is now by far my highest limit card. Once this and my recent Apple Card CLI reports, my next goal is to apply for a Chase Freedom Flex.

DPs:

TU FICO 8 as of their last AR is a 740.

Opened November 2019 with no FICO score at the time.

I originally applied as a student. I have since graduated and am now self-employed.

I have been a banking customer with BofA since 2012, and my weekly direct deposit goes in my checking account with them.

The "request a credit line increase" link in Online Banking has been present since the card was opened and is still present after the CLI.

Congratulations! That is such a great feeling. You asked for the moon and they said (... after a pause for dramatic effect...) yes! Very happy for you.

I don't have hard data to back this up, but I think the bolded part is a big factor. I don't want to reignite an old firestorm, so I won't use the phrase _elationship _ank, but my impression is that for long-time, active banking customers, BofA often aims to give them their highest CL, sometimes by a wide margin. 

Enjoy that sweet $10k!

Message 13 of 45
barca
Regular Contributor

When it comes to BOA - relationship is a big factor . 

you even get rewards on your credit card just for relationship in addition to the rewards associated with the card 

Message 14 of 45
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Score! A 10x whopper, nice one!

Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  BoA is known to deliver, and deliver big!

Looks like they bumped up your cash advance limit too.  They don't always do that.

I'm always curious what they would give me on my $500 Cash Rewards (which was originally a MBNA card I got in 1997), if I ever had the inclination and need to click the button.  But since that card is my "use in gas pumps" card I have no need to increase it.  So curious I remain.

Message 16 of 45
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nicely done!!   That's terrific!  Congratulations on your outstanding CLI approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 17 of 45
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Pretty good haul here, congrats on it Smiley Happy

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@CreditAggie wrote:

I've had my Bank of America Cash Rewards for a little over a year now and decided to ask for my first CLI on the card. When it asked me what I wanted as my new limit, I put in $10K knowing that they would counter with the most they felt comfortable with based on what I've read here. I sent the request in on Monday and got a 7-10 day message with a note indicating that it needed to be manually reviewed.

This morning, I got a nice surprise in my email:

IMG_4986.jpg

They gave me all 10K! I've heard that if they approve the entire amount requested, money was most likely left on the table. I'm sure I didn't leave much on the table! This is now by far my highest limit card. Once this and my recent Apple Card CLI reports, my next goal is to apply for a Chase Freedom Flex.

DPs:

TU FICO 8 as of their last AR is a 740.

Opened November 2019 with no FICO score at the time.

I originally applied as a student. I have since graduated and am now self-employed.

I have been a banking customer with BofA since 2012, and my weekly direct deposit goes in my checking account with them.

The "request a credit line increase" link in Online Banking has been present since the card was opened and is still present after the CLI.

Congratulations! That is such a great feeling. You asked for the moon and they said (... after a pause for dramatic effect...) yes! Very happy for you.

I don't have hard data to back this up, but I think the bolded part is a big factor. I don't want to reignite an old firestorm, so I won't use the phrase _elationship _ank, but my impression is that for long-time, active banking customers, BofA often aims to give them their highest CL, sometimes by a wide margin. 

Enjoy that sweet $10k!

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Score! A 10x whopper, nice one!

Thank you @gdale6 @Curious_George2 @PullingMeSoftly ! I'm sure many forum members here can attest to BofA being a "_elationship _ank!" Smiley Very Happy

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 18 of 45
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  BoA is known to deliver, and deliver big!

Looks like they bumped up your cash advance limit too.  They don't always do that.

I'm always curious what they would give me on my $500 Cash Rewards (which was originally a MBNA card I got in 1997), if I ever had the inclination and need to click the button.  But since that card is my "use in gas pumps" card I have no need to increase it.  So curious I remain.

Thank you @Anonymous ! I'm sure BofA would give you a sizable increase with a card of that age depending on your profile. CLI requests with BofA are soft pulls.

My cash advance limit was $200 before the CLI, so it also increased 10X.

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 19 of 45
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Very nicely done!!   That's terrific!  Congratulations on your outstanding CLI approval!! 🎉🥂

Thank you @cashorcharge !

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.