cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards Approval

Highlighted

BofA Cash Rewards Approval

I've been lurking a looooong time, and this is my first post. 

So, to start... I've been on a rebuilding journey for a while now. My scores were in the mid 500's around a year ago due to hard times and poor decisions. I've had luck with Discover graduating my secured card and upping the CL to 750 at graduation. I also have a Citi secured card that was due to graduate in March, but I ended up getting a letter stating something along the lines of, "we will be renewing your secured account for another year and holding your deposit". Last week, I was checking a few prequalification pages, and ended up landing an Amex Delta Gold with a SL of 1000! Amex was the first to extend me an unsecured line from the start. With the hype of that approval (haven't even recieved the card in the mail, yet), I lurked around the forums for some info on BofA approvals. Ultimately, I decided to pull the trigger on the Cash Rewards, hoping that my current 6 year relationship with them would positively impact their decision. 

Holy crap...

Approved! With an SL of 5500!!!

Current Scores:

EQ: 641

TU: 632

EX: 665

As for baddies, I currently have two paid charged off Capital One accounts and a paid collection.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Cash Rewards Approval

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval, the AWESOME SL, your Rebuilding Success, and Thanks for the DPs and Welcome to the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33.5K | NFCU Flagship VS $19K
Macy's AMEX $10.5K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $204K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats on both of your approvals!!

Did citi say why another year?
July 2020
Experian Fico 8. 707
Transunion Fico 8. 705
Equifax Fico 8. 724

Capital one QS1. $2450
Discover IT Cashback. $12,000
PNC cash rewards signature Visa. $17,500
Chase SW rapid rewards signature visa $6900
Amex Green Card NPSL POT $11,000

Amex Hilton Honors $1000
Citi Rewards $3900
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the graduation and the approval!

RECORD HOLDER
& KEEPER OF
THE GOLDEN SWORD!

golden_sword.png

EQ FICO RESILIENCE INDEX
06-29-2020

Dogbert

04-03-2020

Message 4 of 13
Highlighted

Thank you all! Citi didn’t give specifics, unfortunately. It was pretty disheartening though, considering that Discover had just graduated me.
Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Wow! way to go!
Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Congrats, Great Card and a nice SL

Welcome to The Forum

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Dogbert wrote:

Congrats on the graduation and the approval!

Where are the Girls???

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33.5K | NFCU Flagship VS $19K
Macy's AMEX $10.5K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $204K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 8 of 13
Highlighted

Great SL on the BoA, now Citi can be sock drawered or canceled if you want your money back now.

Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.