Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash Rewards Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Cash Rewards Approval

I've been lurking a looooong time, and this is my first post. 

So, to start... I've been on a rebuilding journey for a while now. My scores were in the mid 500's around a year ago due to hard times and poor decisions. I've had luck with Discover graduating my secured card and upping the CL to 750 at graduation. I also have a Citi secured card that was due to graduate in March, but I ended up getting a letter stating something along the lines of, "we will be renewing your secured account for another year and holding your deposit". Last week, I was checking a few prequalification pages, and ended up landing an Amex Delta Gold with a SL of 1000! Amex was the first to extend me an unsecured line from the start. With the hype of that approval (haven't even recieved the card in the mail, yet), I lurked around the forums for some info on BofA approvals. Ultimately, I decided to pull the trigger on the Cash Rewards, hoping that my current 6 year relationship with them would positively impact their decision. 

Holy crap...

Approved! With an SL of 5500!!!

Current Scores:

EQ: 641

TU: 632

EX: 665

As for baddies, I currently have two paid charged off Capital One accounts and a paid collection.

12 REPLIES 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA Cash Rewards Approval

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval, the AWESOME SL, your Rebuilding Success, and Thanks for the DPs and Welcome to the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both of your approvals!!

Did citi say why another year?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the graduation and the approval!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all! Citi didn’t give specifics, unfortunately. It was pretty disheartening though, considering that Discover had just graduated me.
Message 5 of 13
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Wow! way to go!
Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, Great Card and a nice SL

Welcome to The Forum

Message 7 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the graduation and the approval!

Where are the Girls???

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great SL on the BoA, now Citi can be sock drawered or canceled if you want your money back now.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.