Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Happiness and a Discover Surprise!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Happiness and a Discover Surprise!

Doing my happy dance here!Smiley Happy

You know I have been in the garden for months, but a close relative moved to Seattle. We already have family in Portland, so I wanted to take advantage of the "one flies free" offer from Alaska Airlines. I applied the day before yesterday. Today I was approved for 18k. I'm happy with that!

When I called yesterday to offer to close and move a CL from a card I don't use often to open the Alaska card (I didn't think I was approved) , I was offered and accepted the Platinum Plus card with no balance transfer fee for a couple of months then a 3% fee after that. I am good with that. No interest for a number of months. 14? 18? months? Don't remember. I can use that card and not pay a penny for BT or interest because I'll pay in full before then.  I always wait for those balance transfer offers and use them when I need them.  16k CL

Anyway, I am stoked. I haven't applied for anything for so long it felt weird. lol

Oh, and to top it all off, I had a HUGE (for me) CLI from Discover. 4k! I have $500.00 myself silly with that card and happy when I got the $500.00. So 4k is gigantic for me.

For those who don't know me I have been rebuilding for two, almost three years. It feels good to have things go smoothly, but believe me, just like you, I earned it. I love watching all your MyFico peeps work on your credit and then learn and have big successes. That is all. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: BofA Happiness and a Discover Surprise!

This is Wonderful news to see Musiclover!

Thrilled to peaches with you on that BofA Approval and Limit!!

And some of us feel the same on Discover even it's a small one becuase they still add up right?

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

This is Wonderful news to see Musiclover!

Thrilled to peaches with you on that BofA Approval and Limit!!

And some of us feel the same on Discover even it's a small one becuase they still add up right?

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Thank you, my friend. It is pretty darn exciting, if I do say so myself. lol

Message 3 of 21
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You know I have been in the garden for months, but a close relative moved to Seattle. We already have family in Portland, so I wanted to take advantage of the "one flies free" offer from Alaska Airlines. I applied the day before yesterday. Today I was approved for 18k. I'm happy with that!

When I called yesterday to offer to close and move a CL from a card I don't use often to open the Alaska card (I didn't think I was approved) , I was offered and accepted the Platinum Plus card with no balance transfer fee for a couple of months then a 3% fee after that. I am good with that. No interest for a number of months. 14? 18? months? Don't remember. I can use that card and not pay a penny for BT or interest because I'll pay in full before then.  I always wait for those balance transfer offers and use them when I need them.  16k CL

Anyway, I am stoked. I haven't applied for anything for so long it felt weird. lol

Oh, and to top it all off, I had a HUGE (for me) CLI from Discover. 4k! I have $500.00 myself silly with that card and happy when I got the $500.00. So 4k is gigantic for me.

For those who don't know me I have been rebuilding for two, almost three years. It feels good to have things go smoothly, but believe me, just like you, I earned it. I love watching all your MyFico peeps work on your credit and then learn and have big successes. That is all. 

Musiclover

Congrats buddy so happy for you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I love Alaska, they're great!!!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations ML, outstanding SL and another congrats for the Disco CLI. Well done!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, everyone! I am feeling pretty good right now. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 21
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval and very nice CLI!

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I am so happy for you, @Musiclover! Gardening pays off!
Message 9 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh Yeah, Nice to finally see ya in Approvals, legendary status at thatSmiley Happy. Well done ML, couldnt have happened to a better person and presence here in Ficoland. Great sl and dang i think Disco wants you to dance with J Travolta lolSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.