Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Premium Rewards Approval 18K @ 15.99%

Congrats!

|  
Message 21 of 54
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High A big Congratulations to you on your Bofa Cc success! 

Message 22 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Congratulations on your approval! You got your goal card!

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your BofA Premium Rewards approval! This is a long-term goal card of mine once I am out of college and in the real world.

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

The jedi master strikes back, congrats @Aim_High!

Looks like that card will fit in nicely with your lineup, particularly with the preferred rewards structure, with the sub and the benefits looks like a sweet deal, nice acquisition!

Lol, yes @M_Smart007  ... don't want to Aim_Low!  Smiley Tongue  Thanks @AllZero , @CreditAggie , @PullingMeSoftly !   Yes, it fits in nicely with my lineup and the SUBs are icing on the cake!  The "jedi master" has a nice ring to it ... Smiley Wink  Maybe I should use my new card to treat myself to a new light saber.  Lol

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.40W5jjU2oaKKE8N4GTTSuAHaFh%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 23 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@FieryDance wrote:

Congratulations!  I know you had been considering this card for a while and what a great pick up!  
Time for some fireworks!  

Thanks @FieryDance !   Since you have this card and are a BofA customer, your inputs have been valuable to me in preparing for a successful application and being approved on my first try!  Thanks very much for your feedback!  Enjoy your 4th!

Business Cards

Message 24 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Ricky_D wrote:

Congrats Aim_High.

I too was approved today after trying all last year up to this year on June 15th. On that day got the under review message. Then out of the blue, got a call this afternoon telling me my Experian and Transunion CRAs were frozen. Oops! I forgot. Was told I could unfreeze either one. Well, Ex was 775 and Tu is 742. So you know which one I quickly unfroze. 10 min later was approved for $14k. 

No previous relationship with B of A, but I did drop over $245k in a new checking account last month. 

Thanks @Ricky_D and congrats on your recent Premium Rewards approval as well!

That's another great data point.  With large six-figure deposits and a checking account, you were able to get approved after previous denials!  It's all about the relationship with this card.  While I don't think everyone has to have that kind of money tied up to be approved, checking accounts and deposits certainly helps a lot.  And if you can afford to move that much money over, it helps to qualify for the higher tiers of Preferred Rewards besides the approval! 

Business Cards

Message 25 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay, beautifully done @Aim_High  .....love that card, wish I qualified.  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉🎉

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_High  Super Congrats on your BofA Premium Rewards approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

BOOOOOM,  great approval! Congrats!  Nice SL, too!

Thanks @Anonymous  ...  @Anonymous  ...   @Anonymous 

I'm very pleased with this addition to my wallet!  Smiley Happy

Business Cards

Message 26 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:

Congratulations! Once AOD shuts down the 3%, this will be a great alternative for a catch-all card. Your credit/financial profile is what most people dream of, so I'm glad to see you are not squandering it! Are you planning to garden a little bit now?

Thanks @kerplunk !   Yes, a great catch-all card to have in my collection!  Until the AOD 3% Visa came out, it would have easily been my strongest uncapped and uncategorized spend cash card but the AOD card surprised us all!  Like many, I'm just not sure they can make it last forever, being a smaller CU without any fees or deposit requirements or restrictions.  So even though I added an AOD card, that didn't stop me from proceeding with my Premium Reward card plans. 

Last year was probably my busiest credit year ever.  I usually move much more slowly on changes.  I have been 'gardening' much more this year than last but I don't expect to completely shut down my apps quite yet.  I guess it's the "My Fico Effect!"  Smiley Wink  In August, two of my seven "new accounts" will age beyond 12 months and then in November I will "age" four more.  So right now, if I do nothing else, I will be at 2/12 in December.   I think I've got room for a couple of others.  Thick files like mine (35+ years and 4 accounts over 20 years) with higher FICOs can get by with less gardening than thinner files, so I don't recommend this pattern to everyone.  My usual recommendation for an average profile is one new account about every six months.

Business Cards

Message 27 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats... Glad you finally went for it and it yielded an approval.  Enjoy the sub and the card as stated it is a net positive card w/regards to AF.

@gdale6 wrote:

Tough card to get, congrats on it and the great SL Smiley Happy

@kdm31091 wrote:

Glad you finally were able to get the card and now you can enjoy it and no longer wonder about being approved!

@Mahraja wrote:

excellent ...excellent ...excellent   Congrats @Aim_High Smiley Wink

@coreyb80 wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

Thanks guys!  I appreciate all the feedback from the community, the postings from other members, and the support that helped me with this new card!  Invaluable insights on this forum and I couldn't do it without you all!

@CreditCuriosity   ...  @gdale6  ...   @kdm31091  ...   @Mahraja  ...   @coreyb80 

Business Cards

Message 28 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

Congrats on the approval @Aim_High 

After several months of waiting in agony, you finally gave birth to this new baby Smiley LOL

My OCD says you should consider moving a big chunk of your CR card limit to PR now Smiley Tongue

I know, right @imaximous ?  Lol Smiley Tongue

You and I think alike.  I've already been pondering the possibilites.  I wasn't sure if they "borrowed" any of my $70K CL on my Cash Rewards card at first to approve the new card but found out that they didn't!  Now I'm at $88K TCL with BofA on the two cards, so the question is how to divide it??  I agree that PR should be the high card since it's got the better uncategorized spend rate and  ... well, it's the "premium" card!  Lol.  I am surprised sometimes when I see members leave a larger CL on their less-premium cards, but to each to their own!  One day, I'd hope to reach the $99.9K club with @K-in-Boston  or  @Anonymous  or others!  

Business Cards

Message 29 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congrats @Aim_High  for getting the app done and the sweet approval! I am going to be going this route in 6 months myself as I want this card badly! Looking over other options to invest capital and there aren't really anything unless you want to tie up funds for years or months in a cd or risk investing. I much rather put funds into BOA and get upgraded to Prefeered Rewards program and eventually snag this prize! 😁 

Thanks @credit_endurance !   Yes, it's a great card, especially if coupled with "Preferred Rewards" status and a Cash Rewards card (or even two.)   I would never leave large deposits over the long haul in Bank of America or Chase accounts earning pitifully low interest, and even their CDs and such are poor.  But with the option to move an IRA or other investments over to Merrill Lynch where they are invested in the stock market for the long term, it seemed a good option to me as well. 

Business Cards

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.