Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Premium Rewards Approval 18K @ 15.99%

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: BofA Premium Rewards Approval 18K @ 15.99%

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Aim_High, "AoYA = less than 1 year (April 2020)" .. forget something in all the excitement?threadsneaker.GIF

Yes sir, @M_Smart007 !  You caught me.  I did hurriedly take time to upload an image to my card collection last night but didn't get around to updating the AoYA, Inquiries, etc in my siggy (except for adding in the CL to my TCL.)    I'll play with all that this weekend when I have a little more time.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 31 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@MyFault wrote:
Congrats!

@gingerflower wrote:

@Aim_High A big Congratulations to you on your Bofa Cc success!  

Thanks @MyFault   and @gingerflower

Business Cards

Message 32 of 54
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice @Aim_High Smiley Happy i think you should either request cld to 15k/15%apr or increase your apr to 18k/18% apr. Then you will be Boa Bossin'Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 54
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Appreciate your posts here. I always learn something new when reading one of your posts. 

Congratulations on that massive BOA hit!!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 34 of 54
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Congratulations on your approval! You got your goal card!

@AllZero  I'm last; by 18 hours!!! Smiley LOL

Message 35 of 54
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval @Aim_High. I am a firm believer in your relationship banking model. 

Message 36 of 54
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Congrats on the approval @Aim_High 

After several months of waiting in agony, you finally gave birth to this new baby Smiley LOL

My OCD says you should consider moving a big chunk of your CR card limit to PR now Smiley Tongue

I know, right @imaximous ?  Lol Smiley Tongue

You and I think alike.  I've already been pondering the possibilites.  I wasn't sure if they "borrowed" any of my $70K CL on my Cash Rewards card at first to approve the new card but found out that they didn't!  Now I'm at $88K TCL with BofA on the two cards, so the question is how to divide it??  I agree that PR should be the high card since it's got the better uncategorized spend rate and  ... well, it's the "premium" card!  Lol.  I am surprised sometimes when I see members leave a larger CL on their less-premium cards, but to each to their own!  One day, I'd hope to reach the $99.9K club with @K-in-Boston  or  @Anonymous  or others!  

Not sure how you normally use the CR card or how you're planning to use the PR, but I wouldn't want the higher limit on the card that maxes out at $2,500 for a whole quarter. $5k or $10k would probably be more than enough for me. Some people keep high limits on those cards for balance transfers or to re-shuffle limits with other cards, which is what you could do now if you'd like. 

You could probably exceed $99.9k. I did without realizing back in March when I added 2 new cards and they didn't lower the CLs from my existing accounts. 

Message 37 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Very nice @Aim_High Smiley Happy i think you should either request cld to 15k/15%apr or increase your apr to 18k/18% apr. Then you will be Boa Bossin'Smiley Wink

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Appreciate your posts here. I always learn something new when reading one of your posts. 

Congratulations on that massive BOA hit!!!

@nuohlac wrote:

Congratulations on your approval @Aim_High. I am a firm believer in your relationship banking model. 

Thanks @AverageJoesCredit   ... @Mr_Mojo_Risin  ....  @nuohlac

I appreciate the compliment Bowiefan and glad my postings are helpful!

Thanks nuohlac!  Although I believe it helps with a lot of lenders, this is probably one of the best and definitive examples of how relationship can help with approval for credit cards!  And I wanted to take time to explain my process to help others who want to follow the roadmap.  But I couldn't have drawn it without the access and data points from all the My Fico membership.  It's a community effort! 

Business Cards

Message 38 of 54
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

My OCD says you should consider moving a big chunk of your CR card limit to PR now Smiley Tongue

You and I think alike.  I've already been pondering the possibilites.  I wasn't sure if they "borrowed" any of my $70K CL on my Cash Rewards card at first to approve the new card but found out that they didn't!  Now I'm at $88K TCL with BofA on the two cards, so the question is how to divide it??  I agree that PR should be the high card since it's got the better uncategorized spend rate and  ... well, it's the "premium" card!  Lol.  I am surprised sometimes when I see members leave a larger CL on their less-premium cards, but to each to their own!  One day, I'd hope to reach the $99.9K club with @K-in-Boston  or  @Anonymous  or others!  

Not sure how you normally use the CR card or how you're planning to use the PR, but I wouldn't want the higher limit on the card that maxes out at $2,500 for a whole quarter. $5k or $10k would probably be more than enough for me. Some people keep high limits on those cards for balance transfers or to re-shuffle limits with other cards, which is what you could do now if you'd like. 

You could probably exceed $99.9k. I did without realizing back in March when I added 2 new cards and they didn't lower the CLs from my existing accounts. 

Thanks for the feedback @imaximous !  At one point in the past two years, I was trying to get all my credit lines to $25K minimums and I've been pretty successful overall.  I have plans to keep growing them all, including those lower limit Marriott and Hyatt cards (which started out much higher but I moved balances between Chase cards) and my INK cash.  Yes, for balance transfers, utilization on each individual card, and just for a personal goal.   My Cash Rewards has slowly gotten more use, but it will continue to become a bigger player in my wallet as my status in Preferred Rewards increases making my cash back rise accordingly.     I also hope to add a second Cash Rewards card to get the high 5.25% return on a second category and I've heard they allow that.    Between " gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores, or home improvement/furnishings" and the ability to double-dip, that could cover a lot of territory!   And good to know that breaking the $99.9K glass ceiling is possible!  Cheers! 

Business Cards

Message 39 of 54
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Aim_High enjoy the card.

Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.