Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Premium Rewards CLI - $120k CL

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BofA Premium Rewards CLI - $120k CL

A couple of weeks back I asked about flexible spending limits and how much one could go over. The discussion there basically boiled down to me asking for a CLI first and then going from there. I was going to ask soon after that but stuff always came up and I never got around to it. Then I read @Loquat and @coldfusion's approvals last week or so and reminded me to finally ask. And finally got my sort-of white whale getting a six digit credit card

*insert surprised Pikachu face*

So called in and spoke to the rep who was really nice. Had a few account questions prior to request and she was helpful in that regard. Probably the funniest part of the call was while she was getting the information together to submit the request in she commented on the usage on the card. Call was on speakerphone since DW wanted in

Rep: wow, you guys really spend a lot here. look at all these payments

DW: yeah, drugs are expensive to buy. who knew?

Rep: drugs?

DW: mmhmm. drugs

Rep: ....umm okay

*slightly awkward silence"

Me: *sigh* she's a pharmacist so she's a "legal drug dealer" as she likes to call herself. don't mind her and her humor

Rep: oh, okay! i was wondering if i was going to have to get my manager on the line

Me: yeah, she can be a pain and a brat at times

DW: *laughs*

Rep: *laughs as well*

After that, a few clicks on rep's end and viola my new credit limit with an even number to boot

This credit limit is what we needed. Before because of limit constraints I was having to cycle the card a lot and make do using DW's AMEX Biz Plat card for anything else we couldn't put on PR. I didn't want to test the flexible spending limit quite yet. With this as long as I remember to curb my annoyance making multiple payments I can make it to where we can put a majority of our biz spending on here and really come out more ahead than using Schwab Plat to cash out MRs

Stats as follows. If there is any I missed let me know

Score: 823 TU as of 10/20/20 on BofA website

Income: more than adequate

Spend: Since April/May was easily six digit total balance going higher every month through the card. Before that it was one of our personal daily drivers for any place that didn't take mobile payments (Socks AR) on non-category spend. DW's PR card now takes that role and this is solely biz spending

Status: Platinum Honors status through Preferred Rewards program

I want to cow now 🐄

Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA Premium Rewards CLI - $120k CL

Congrats on the very nice CLI!!! I can dream of that limit!! 😂 

Message 2 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hot dang! There is one big credit! Congrats!

Message 3 of 118
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Grtz on your sort-of-white-whale, sort-of-Ahab!

Message 4 of 118
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The total points figure 🤗

I knew you were annoyed about having to routinely cycle through payments, congratulations on both breaking the BoA $99,900 soft limit and getting a limit that you're comfortable working with!

👍

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 118
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir   I'm just going to leave this right here....Congrats!!

and-thats-how-its-done.jpg

Message 6 of 118
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir  congrats! 

Message 7 of 118
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 118
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!  Happy to see them so accomodating!

Message 9 of 118
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Congrats on the very nice CLI!!! I can dream of that limit!! 😂 

Thanks! Born out of necessity I assure you 😂

Message 10 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.