cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secured Early Graduation!!! ya baby!!!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

BofA Secured Early Graduation!!! ya baby!!!

So i did an online chat with a rep today asking what date i would be able to request my account to be unsecured and they looked up my account....

The rep said they are happy to inform me that my account is in the process of being converted and a letter was sent out on 4/24/13 and to expect the letter with in 5 to 7 buesines days!

I got the card in June 2012 with a $300 deposit and never increased the deposit and used the heck out of the card to build rewards and history!

I wonder if getting the Better Balance Rewards card had something to do with it?

This is so exciting! I can't wait to get the letter.

I love Bank of America! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: BofA Secured Early Graduation!!! ya baby!!!

@linux007969 wrote:

So i did an online chat with a rep today asking what date i would be able to request my account to be unsecured and they looked up my account....

The rep said they are happy to inform me that my account is in the process of being converted and a letter was sent out on 4/24/13 and to expect the letter with in 5 to 7 buesines days!

I got the card in June 2012 with a $300 deposit and never increased the deposit and used the heck out of the card to build rewards and history!

I wonder if getting the Better Balance Rewards card had something to do with it?

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

Yay!!! let us know if you get a CLI along with it.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

Yay!!! let us know if you get a CLI along with it.

yup i'll keep you guys updated as always!

Thanks everyone for being here i couldn't have done any of this without you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

So I just got my letter in the mail today from Bank of America and it says they are upgrading me to Unsecured and returning me security deposit with in 14 days.

Here's a stupid question, do you guys think i should call them today and request a credit limit increase and see if i can get my Annual fee removed or do you think i should wait it out and see what happens between now and when my deposit is returned?

Message 8 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

So I just got my letter in the mail today from Bank of America and it says they are upgrading me to Unsecured and returning me security deposit with in 14 days.

Here's a stupid question, do you guys think i should call them today and request a credit limit increase and see if i can get my Annual fee removed or do you think i should wait it out and see what happens between now and when my deposit is returned?

Ok, so I jumped the gun cuz waiting was killing me i guess.

I called the backdoor 800-247-7975 and talked to a very nice Analyst guy. After i gave my account info, He then pulled up my account and before i said anything he was thanking me for being a customer and paying in full each month! I explained to him that i got this letter in the mail and i was wondering if i could get a credit limit increase or if i had to wait. He said he could go ahead and submit the request and read the standard disclosure and updated my income. I asked if it was possible if they could match the limit on my BBR Card and he submitted the info and then said he can give an increase but not all of what i had asked, he was able to increase my credit limit to $700. He then said they can gladly see about increasing me again in the future. I then asked if there is anything they can do about my annual fee on my account and he said he is filling out a form for supression. I then asked if i will be getting letters in the mail explaining this and he said yes. I thanked him and i said that they are much better than capital one and have a much nicer tone and i said how i had to capital one exective office to get an increase and he was shocked, and i said how at least i don't have to do that with you guys, and he said ya we try to do better than other credit card companies. we then nicely ended the call and he said don't hesitate to call us again in the future we appreciate your business.

I really love Bank of America/ FIA they rock! Smiley Very Happy

I forgot to ask if it was a hard pull or soft pull but i honestly don't care cuz i'm so happy that my account has graduated, getting me deposit back soon, and got an increase in credit! I'm very happy! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on your graduation......YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.