cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secured Early Graduation!!! ya baby!!!

tag
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA Secured Early Graduation!!! ya baby!!!

con grats cant wait for my day

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 11 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

Today I got an alert from Discover ID Protection  and i log in and find out Bank of America did in fact so a hard pull for my increase, they pulled Transunion so far. That may be why they could only increase my limit to $700 due to excessive inquaries on my transunion (25, some will fall off by end of this year) but at any rate i am ok with the hp cuz i got an increase and i did get my annual fee removed cuz when i log into my account and click on my cash rewards card and go to the information center thing it says my annual fee is $0.00 so i am happy.

I've come along way with my credit in a years time. My longest account is 1 year 3 months and my AOAA is 8 months at any rate i came a long way with my credit in short amount of time thanks to everyone here at myfico! Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 12 of 15
vish1
Valued Contributor

Wow, I did not know BofA has started unsecuring in less than a year. Anyway I had a secured card in 2010 and at that time there were NO rewards on BofA secured.

Things do change, sometimes for good like this.

I think you can get a good CL with BofA after a few months. When I got my card unsecured in Feb 2011, they bumped me from $500 secured to $7,500 unsecured without having to ask for it. Then again to 10k when I asked for it.

25 INQs on TU? I have never heard that ever. I have heard high numbers for EQ/EX but not TU. What state are you in? Have you been apping for every possible credit card you can find?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 13 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

Wow, I did not know BofA has started unsecuring in less than a year. Anyway I had a secured card in 2010 and at that time there were NO rewards on BofA secured.

Things do change, sometimes for good like this.

I think you can get a good CL with BofA after a few months. When I got my card unsecured in Feb 2011, they bumped me from $500 secured to $7,500 unsecured without having to ask for it. Then again to 10k when I asked for it.

25 INQs on TU? I have never heard that ever. I have heard high numbers for EQ/EX but not TU. What state are you in? Have you been apping for every possible credit card you can find?

I'm in PA. Most of my inquaries are well over a year and will fall off soon, then another chunk is going on a year old. Then theres about 6 recent ones in the last 6 months counting the one this week from bofa.

All but one inquary will be off my reports by April 2015 as long as theres no more apping and otherwise hps.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 14 of 15
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Congrats. BTW what was your credit score range when you got your second BofA card (the balance reward one)? 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.