Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Upgraded me to Visa Signature upon CLI

tag
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

BofA Upgraded me to Visa Signature upon CLI

I have a rotating love category thing going on with the big banks. First it was Citi, then it was Chase, and now it's BofA.

BOA has really come on strong to me recently. When my Bank Americard Platinum Plus Visa turned 6 months (initially approved on recon last summer). I called in for a CLI and was granted a massive 5 x CL  increase with only a SP! During the course of the conversation, the credit analyst said she is upgrading me to the Visa Signature Cash Rewards card and of course I accepted. Smiley Tongue

The upgrade is now showing up on my account online. However when I pulled my credit report today, I notice that it is no longer reporting the credit limit. Upon research I discovered that BOA does not report the credit limit for Visa Signature cards. Although it didn't affect my score (I have more than enough available credit), I miss having that $12, 500 limit showing as it's my second highest limit. So I called in BOA to see what they could do about it and the CSR said it's their policy to not report the credit limit for their visa signature cards. I then requested her to convert my account to the World MasterCard version which based on my research offers the same benefitis as the visa signature but will report the limit. She took a minute to confirm if it could be done and then came back and did it - no questions asked. What a pleasant experience! Smiley Happy

I find BOA customer service to be top notch. I always get American CSRs and they are always helpful.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA Upgraded me to Visa Signature upon CLI

Yeah BofA is awesome. Wow @ 5x the limit with a soft pull. I only got double with a hard pull but I requested it online. I will definitely call in next time.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 2 of 4
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@2011beginnings wrote:
@Anonymous BofA is awesome. Wow @ 5x the limit with a soft pull. I only got double with a hard pull but I requested it online. I will definitely call in next time.

It's definitely a YMMV. I first submitted the request online with my reports frozen to see if it would be approved with a soft pull but I got the pending message. When I called the CSR said it requires a hard pull and I need to unfreeze my report. I decided to take the hard so I unfroze my report and called back like two days later and another CSR did it with no HP.

However I noticed that they had soft me on Experian the first time I submitted the request. It's possible they used that same soft pull instead of pulling a hard. But as I said it's definitely a YMMV. It seems I got real lucky.

Message 3 of 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

I have a rotating love category thing going on with the big banks. First it was Citi, then it was Chase, and now it's BofA.

BOA has really come on strong to me recently. When my Bank Americard Platinum Plus Visa turned 6 months (initially approved on recon last summer). I called in for a CLI and was granted a massive 5 x CL  increase with only a SP! During the course of the conversation, the credit analyst said she is upgrading me to the Visa Signature Cash Rewards card and of course I accepted. Smiley Tongue

The upgrade is now showing up on my account online. However when I pulled my credit report today, I notice that it is no longer reporting the credit limit. Upon research I discovered that BOA does not report the credit limit for Visa Signature cards. Although it didn't affect my score (I have more than enough available credit), I miss having that $12, 500 limit showing as it's my second highest limit. So I called in BOA to see what they could do about it and the CSR said it's their policy to not report the credit limit for their visa signature cards. I then requested her to convert my account to the World MasterCard version which based on my research offers the same benefitis as the visa signature but will report the limit. She took a minute to confirm if it could be done and then came back and did it - no questions asked. What a pleasant experience! Smiley Happy

I find BOA customer service to be top notch. I always get American CSRs and they are always helpful.

SWEET!  A menage a trois ! ! Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.