cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boom! Denied to Approved - US Bank Altitude Reserve.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boom! Denied to Approved - US Bank Altitude Reserve.

I app'd for the US Bank Altitude Reserve card on 04/20 but was instantly denied due to some "information" I provided on the cr app. I wasn't too surprised because I read on the forum that US Bank is very strict and conservative when it comes to lending. However, I became suspicious when I didn't receive any notification of a hp from any CRA.

Even though I was advised by some myFico members that at times it took 24 hours to get a hp, I decided to call the credit card app dept. on 04/21 to find out if my app was received. I spoke to a nice gentleman who informed me that they were having issues with online applications for the Altitude Reserve and that he'd be happy to take the app over the phone. Of course I happily accepted his offer for a do-over Smiley Happy .. After taking the app via phone, the CSR informed me that it was going to be reviewed manually in 24-48 hours. The CSR was right because I received the notification of a hp from TU yesterday 04/22 but no approval Smiley Frustrated.

I checked my online banking this morning 04/23 and was surprised to see a credit card account for $9k. I was hoping for a higher SL but I will take it Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 3.39.54 AM.png

DPs:

Existing business deposit customer for 2 years.

Opened consumer checking account on the 1st week of March 2020 ($50 bal. to open).

2/6, 3/12, 3/24. 

TU pulled @ 720.

31 REPLIES 31
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Boom! Denied to Approved - US Bank Altitude Reserve.

Congrats on your approval!!!

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 3 of 32
britt585
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval....What state are you in?.....I'm in ga and everhy time I apply they pull EQ...ugh

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody.

@britt585 wrote:

Congrats on your approval....What state are you in?.....I'm in ga and everhy time I apply they pull EQ...ugh

I'm in CA.

Message 5 of 32
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 32
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting the approval! 👍🏻
This is my favorite card, and I’ve had nothing but good service from USB so far.
Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous Thanks! How soon did you get the SUB points after meeting the spend requirements?

Message 9 of 32
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your US Bank Altitude Reserve approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.