Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a house, went on a spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought a house, went on a spree

Today, my wife and I closed on our first house everrrrrrrr! I won't bore with the credit journey, but we both had to fight to be where we are now. 

Wife apps:

CSP $12,300 (her highest!) in branch 80k points and waived annual fee. EX 700. She was denied in September, didn't have any cards over $5,000. I helped her boost her banana republic card to $5,700 and voila, today she gets the CSP.

Rose Gold Amex w/75k MR+$200 home improvement $4k spend offer over 6 months. She had a rough patch w Amex several years ago but paid in full. Glad she got this card.

Denied:

Discover (too many inquiries)

Costco Citi (no idea)

Me:

Delta Gold Amex $1,000+ $200 home improvement credit (after 5 years of only have a biz green card) DP: even though I've been a member since 2015, I had experian dinged. Score of 668

Delta Gold Biz Amex $3,000

Waiting on response for: Barclays AA Biz card and WF Propel (have several accounts with them, so hope I get it)

So besides closing, my wife nabbed two highly coveted cards I've wanted her to get. I burned chase so they're off limits for me for now. I got a toy limit with a personal Amex card but I'm just happy they finally trust me with something other than the green biz charge card.

I'm exhausted!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Bought a house, went on a spree

Congratulations on DW and your approvals!

Message 2 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on those outstanding approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the home purchase, that's the biggest win. Kudos on the approvals for both of you. Good luck on pending apps!!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 20
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your and DW's approvals!

|  
Message 5 of 20
onstar
Established Contributor

Congrats!

We're in a similar boat. We close next month. After that, my wife wants to get a Chase Marriott (she already has CSR, Ink, IHG with them) & Citi Costco. 

Edit: My wife was able to qualify for the mortgage on her own. She makes 2x what I make, and her FICO is 100 points higher (lucky me!). 

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Today, my wife and I closed on our first house everrrrrrrr! I won't bore with the credit journey, but we both had to fight to be where we are now. 

Wife apps:

CSP $12,300 (her highest!) in branch 80k points and waived annual fee. EX 700. She was denied in September, didn't have any cards over $5,000. I helped her boost her banana republic card to $5,700 and voila, today she gets the CSP.

Rose Gold Amex w/75k MR+$200 home improvement $4k spend offer over 6 months. She had a rough patch w Amex several years ago but paid in full. Glad she got this card.

Denied:

Discover (too many inquiries)

Costco Citi (no idea)

Me:

Delta Gold Amex $1,000+ $200 home improvement credit (after 5 years of only have a biz green card) DP: even though I've been a member since 2015, I had experian dinged. Score of 668

Delta Gold Biz Amex $3,000

Waiting on response for: Barclays AA Biz card and WF Propel (have several accounts with them, so hope I get it)

So besides closing, my wife nabbed two highly coveted cards I've wanted her to get. I burned chase so they're off limits for me for now. I got a toy limit with a personal Amex card but I'm just happy they finally trust me with something other than the green biz charge card.

I'm exhausted!

Congratulations and your first home purchase 🥳🥳🥳 first of all. And congrats on the pretty spree, especially your DW's acquisition of 2 cards sought after for awhile! 🥳🥳🥳

Message 7 of 20
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your new home and your app spree. 

Message 8 of 20
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the new home and credit approvals!

Message 9 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations to DW and your approvals! ...and first houseSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.