Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Gander Mountain Card Credit Card

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Brand new Gander Mountain Card Credit Card

Good evening board.  I just got a Gander Mountain card last week with a $300 CL.  I would like to see if maybe they'll bump that limit up a bit.  Does anyone have a good number to call for recon and/or success stories as well?   Thank you all! 

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Re: Brand new Gander Mountain Card Credit Card

Congrats on scoring your Gander Mountain Credit Card.  Looking at your scores, I would hold off requesting a CLI and allow them to see your usage of the card.  Comenity if funny about auto increases when your scores are in the low 600's.  Within 6-months they will increase your CLI.  However,should you improve your Util and scores, they may consider a big jump to your increase.  Good luck with your new card.

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card! I've never shopped there. Are they better or about the same as bass pro shops? We have both here in tampa.
Message 3 of 11
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Thank you!   Bass Pro is WAY better.   But the nearest one is about an hour and half drive away.   Gander decent and is in town and I do go there pretty often.  They sent me a preapproval in the mail, so I jumped on it.  Would really like to buy a new gun, they have 6, 9, and 12 month 0% financing going on right now depending on how much you spen, hence the desire for a CLI.  Ha

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 4 of 11
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Gander mountain? Never heard of them. Congrats! Which bank backs that card? Synch or Comenity??

Congrats again!!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 11
NICKI183
Established Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Gander mountain? Never heard of them. Congrats! Which bank backs that card? Synch or Comenity??

Congrats again!!

They are backed by Comenity.

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 6 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

They sent me a preapproval in the mail to. It's for the store card, can u use it to shop online with it?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jim for answering. The bass pro shop is 10 minutes down the road from my house. They just built it. I go there all the time. Enjoy your card sir.
Message 8 of 11
happypill
Valued Contributor

Gander Mountain offers both a store card and an MC.  The MC is available via SCT (that's how I got mine); not sure about the store card.

As far as CLI, it is standard Comenity faire.  You can immediately call the number on the back of the card, go through the automated system and request a credit limit increase - if approved don't hang up and ask for another, until the system declines.  The timing and frequency seems to vary according to card type & product, as well as individual credit worthiness and history with Comenity.  Some people get a CLI immediately on some cards, some don't.  Some get one or multiple CLI every month, others get it at 3 or 4 or 6 months.

In my personal experience (again, likely highly impacted by my credit worthiness and history with Comenity), for their VS/MC products I get my first CLI at 6 months, then each 4 months thereafter.  For my Sportsman's guide I started at $5k, got $2.5k CLI at 6 months then another $2.5k 4 months later.  I think the Gander MC will be about the same schedule for me.  No idea about the store card.

Message 9 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats! You can try for a cli once you get the card and if denied try again in 4 months. I remember earlier in the year
The store card was only for in store use, not sure if things changed since then.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.