Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burned the garden down!

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Burned the garden down!

your thinking of amex. they use the last soft pull they did on you, when you apply for another card, then if you qualify they will pull another report to make sure everything is ok. congrats!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 11 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Back in the garden as of one minute ago. At this point my iquiries were already up higher than they need to be so thought one more on the Transunion HP would probably not hurt (much).

Heard that Barclays does a SP if you are already a current card holder. If you don't qualify they stop there, otherwise they go to a HP.

Apped the Arrival + and approved for $5,000. They had given me a $5,000 increase on my Upromise card taking me to $22,300 on the statement that cut today.

Now to hit the $3,000 in spend to get the Miles bonus.

That has not been my experience. My experience with Barclays is that anything I've ever asked for has triggered a TransUnion hard pull.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Barclays sp? You sure you're not thinking of Amex? Never heard of Barclays doing that and I have had 4 of their cards!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay HP me for the JetBlue mastercard... after getting the Arrival prior to that. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.