Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buypower Card Cap1

tag
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

Buypower Card Cap1

I recieved the preapproval offer in the mail for this card: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/partnerships/buypower-card/

and was approved for $2000 limit. Last year i was looking into buying a Buick Regal CXL Turbo so one of the reasons why i took the offer. 

Anyone on here have experience with this card and/or the rewards?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Buypower Card Cap1

There are lots of theads on this site on the GM BuyPower card, biggest drawback as voiced by MyFico members is low limits, second biggest is the "savings account" can only be used for GM Vehicles.

Personally I have this card, started at $5k, CLI to $10, CLI to $11k which Cap-1 said is the max posible on this product (may or may not be true but that's what they told me). I run $500 to $1000 a month through the card, pay in full every month and have about $500 "banked" after 18 months - since I buy GM products 99% of the time, I like the card both for the limit and because in two years when I replace the DW's car we'll get an extra $1000+ knocked off the purchase price. 

Message 2 of 16
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

thanks for the info and yeah, should of hit the search button. some mixed reviews about the card but i'll give it a try, like i said, really like the new Turbo Regals.

Message 3 of 16
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval!  And yes, the Buick Regal a pretty sweet ride...the chome wheels that come on bad boy are slick!   Definitely not the Buick's that I grew up with.  Chime back in if you ever decide to pull the trigger on it...

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval !

Message 5 of 16
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

The GM card seems to be handled by a totally different branch of Cap1. 

Unlike all their other products, it's a single EQ pull.  And usually really measly SL's.

Message 6 of 16
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! I'm waiting to get my first increase with this card! I want a new cadillac so bad!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 16
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

thanks everyone and if i do end up getting a Regal i'll post up a picture of it. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

There are lots of theads on this site on the GM BuyPower card, biggest drawback as voiced by MyFico members is low limits, second biggest is the "savings account" can only be used for GM Vehicles.

Personally I have this card, started at $5k, CLI to $10, CLI to $11k which Cap-1 said is the max posible on this product (may or may not be true but that's what they told me). I run $500 to $1000 a month through the card, pay in full every month and have about $500 "banked" after 18 months - since I buy GM products 99% of the time, I like the card both for the limit and because in two years when I replace the DW's car we'll get an extra $1000+ knocked off the purchase price. 

@pipeguy --> What scores did they use and what was yours at your time of application? I am getting a Cadillac XT5 next month and I am thinking of applying for this card but those low limits have me like meh :/

What have your experience been with it so far and how long between CLIs did you go?

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.