Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buypower Card Cap1

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Buypower Card Cap1

Congrats! I also received a mailed prequal for this card today.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 11 of 16
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

I have wasted 2 inquires on this card.

Received 2 mailings for Pre Approval last year about 3 months apart, declined for both.

Also recieved 1 pre approval for today, immediately shredded it. It does sound like a good option if you like GM vehicles.
Message 12 of 16
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

@GalaxyStars wrote:

Also recieved 1 pre approval for today, immediately shredded it.

Did you then place it in the prepaid envelope and send it in? Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 16
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Should have lol.

But yea defintely didn't wanna risk anymore inquiries on this card. Honestly I was never into GM vehicles to start with, but would probably have gotten one with the additional cash earned towards one with this card.
Message 15 of 16
earena
Contributor

I will show some GM love. They gave me a card 7/2015. Had just bought a house, tons of inquries. This was my first prequal mail offer ever that wasn't a credit one. $300 SL but that was OK with me. I recently asked for a CLI and it was a hard pull and denial because of my FICO score, but the next month they increased it to $500 automatically. I didn't use it heavily for the first 6 months, but have almost $100 saved, $40 of it is from the last month of using and paying it off. I am looking to get a new surburban in the next year so any bit helps. And I know my CL is low, but I am "rebuilding" so I can't complain. I'll wait it out and grow it and when my oldest starts driving in 4 years I will have a good "downpayment" on a car for her.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.