Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buypower Cli!!!

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Buypower Cli!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I originally got my card 11/2015 first auto cli 05/2016. It went from $300 to $500 and there it has sat. It's my lowest now, 0% APR about to end, all I charge on it is Netflix. Hopefully they up that limit higher soon cause I have a 06 Yukon now and really looking to jump into a new one with 2 years or less, depending really on what I have to go towards it, right now it would be better for me to just take my GM discount and skip the card rewards.

The GM buypower rewards are in addition to any other discounts, you make your best deal and then the value of the cash/rewards might as well be a check or downpayment. As far as I know, its not one or the other, it's both and I would not even mention that I had $500-$1000-$1500 in rewards until I got into finance at the dealership. I currently have over $600 booked with the GM card (opened September 2014), I expect that to be over $1200 by the time I buy a new 2018 replacement for the DW's car. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it true that they only allow you to use half towards a vehicle purchase. Meaning if you have 5000 by the time you go to make your purchase they only allow you to use 2500?

Message 12 of 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it true that they only allow you to use half towards a vehicle purchase. Meaning if you have 5000 by the time you go to make your purchase they only allow you to use 2500?

Might have been true on the HSBC version, but not on the current Cap-1 version:

How do I redeem my BuyPower Card Earnings toward a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle?*

To redeem your Earnings toward the retail purchase or lease of a new GM vehicle

• Visit the authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealership of your choice.
  • Agree on your best price, taking advantage of most current available offers and incentives.
  • Identify yourself as a BuyPower Cardmember and let the dealer representative know you would like to redeem your eligible Earnings.

How can I use the Earnings I redeem?

As a down payment, to lower your monthly payment, to add extra optional equipment…the choice is yours.

*BuyPower Card Earnings may not be used with fleet vehicle incentive programs or with some other offers and discounted sale programs, such as the GM Employee Discount. GM Extended Family Card Earnings may not be used with fleet vehicle incentive programs or with some other offers and discounted sale programs. BuyPower Business Card Earnings may not be used on the purchase of certain vehicles, such as those sold or obtained at auction, or with some other offers and discounted sale programs. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.