Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Gold Spade and garden. Hello BOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye Bye Gold Spade and garden. Hello BOA

As a former Branch Manager over there, I will tell you that the approval algorithm is very stingy. If you are unsatisfied with the credit line give them a call. Once you get to a rep, let them know you wish to speak to a credit analyst about your credit line. Be very specific and tell them you want to speak with someone directly who has lending authority to manually review your application for a CLI and not just someone to take a CLI application. If you are not careful a rep will just simply rekey a CLI request which will pull another copy of your credit report and auto decline the CLI, where as if you get transferred to an associate who lending authority (make sure once you are transferred you ask them if they have the authority to manual review the existing app) they will talk through your request. The one thing I loved about B of A is that there credit analysts are 95% judgemental lending. They have very few guidelines that a CA cant override if they feel it is warranted. 

Good Luck!

Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Fnbo is s good bank. But very conservative. Mostly manual reviews. But the Mahler said I would know within 60 secs. Also. You don't need bank account with Bank of America. Which I don't have and will no open either. They are fee harvesters. Smiley Sad

Thanks TAxi,

my DW has an account with them and you are right on the money about fee harvesters.

I second that.  I have had a checking account with BOA almost 20 years and never got offered a CC (not even secured). After I retired and no direct deposit they charge me $12.00 per month for the basic online checking account.  This is crazy but I hate to get rid of the account.

Message 42 of 44
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Fnbo is s good bank. But very conservative. Mostly manual reviews. But the Mahler said I would know within 60 secs. Also. You don't need bank account with Bank of America. Which I don't have and will no open either. They are fee harvesters. Smiley Sad

Thanks TAxi,

my DW has an account with them and you are right on the money about fee harvesters.

I second that.  I have had a checking account with BOA almost 20 years and never got offered a CC (not even secured). After I retired and no direct deposit they charge me $12.00 per month for the basic online checking account.  This is crazy but I hate to get rid of the account.

As long as you don't mind $144 a year I guess I would keep it.  It does not help your credit. Save some money open up a credit union checking completely free. 

Message 43 of 44
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Thanks TAxi,

Yep banked with them 5-10 years never offered any line of credit thus closed my banking relationship with them several years back and more than happy banking with a CU and bet my major CC be with other lenders..  Their is not relationship between banking and lending anymore for the most part as these banks are so big.  Yes their fees were out of line compared to what you could get with other places as well.  

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.