Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE APPROVED NO SSN ONLY TIN 300$ LIMIT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE APPROVED NO SSN ONLY TIN 300$ LIMIT

just  wanna share my story, got approved capital one unsecured with limit of 300$ , i am new in america so i have no credit score , just have bofa, citibank and td bank secured with 3100$ total secured deposit. capone asked me to fax a copy of my passport and letter from IRS stating my TIN NUMBER. I WAS not serious applying for this because i have 3 secured cards already and just waiting for them to build score for me. i just submitted all the docs they needed and attached letter why i wanted the card and copies of my bank statement from boa and citibank without them asking for it... hahaha!

it took almost 30 days to get the result because they needed to verify the authenticity of the documents. i dont mind the 300$ limit  but getting approved unsecured made me happy and something to start and reported not secured to credit bureaus.  applied march 17 and got the approval april 19 hahaha (patience is a virtue, was even waiting for the decline letter in my mail}. now waiting for the card, i think the letter and statements helped a lot since i have no credit score.. thank you capital one for trusting me!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE APPROVED NO SSN ONLY TIN 300$ LIMIT

Congrats on your unsecured Cap One Card !
Message 2 of 5
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats, use the card wisely for 10% of your limit.  Charge it up once or twice to the limit and pay it off the next month.  This should earn you some increases in the future.  Also remember that they pull all three bureaus so try not to apply again for cards from them in the future.  Instead after a year or two, if you can manage it, to simply get better rewards card from other banks.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow! thank you so much for these advices! will definitley follow them.... 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.