Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE LIMIT INCREASE!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE LIMIT INCREASE!!

I went in to pay my bill today and I had to make sure I was in the correct account, lol. I looked at the card type like 50 times, like is this my account?! but how did I sign into the wrong acct!? Turns out, it was the right acct. Capital One gave me a $300 increase!!! WHOOP WHOOP!! First of all, I didn't even know that could happen on a secured card, second of all what does this mean since this is a secured card? Do I get my deposit back?

My credit scores are still pretty low, lowest is in the high 500s, the other 2 are in the low 600s. I haven't stayed at 30% util as desired, but I've been paying my bills on time every month. I am super excited at this increase and hopefully the love from Capital One continues!!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAPITAL ONE LIMIT INCREASE!!

I dont know the answer to your question, but congratulations!!! Thats a good step in the right direction. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the Capital One platinum card the non secured though, and after about 3 years with it even had 5 lates first year with that card I worked on my credit since then and went from $300 cl to $3,800 in just 3 years. The biggest jump was about 6 months ago when I didn't even ask for a CLI it was automatic and went from $1,300 to $3,800 which I thought was INSANE 2 months later because of this board I decided to ask for a product change with Capital one they offered me that I was elegible to upgrade to a VENTURE or QUICKSILVER  (not quicksilver one I already had one) I should have went with the Venture but decided to go with the quicksilver.

Capital One is great! Ask to get your account unsecured and graduated within a couple of months

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You are on the right path 👍!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase.

when did you get the card? Was it your credit steps increase? If so then you won't be getting your deposit back as it's still secured. If they unsecured it I think it would show somehow. Not sure as my secured never graduated and still sits at the low 500. 200 to start the 300 at my credit steps. Don't know why I continue to hold onto this card. Lol

Message 6 of 8
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went in to pay my bill today and I had to make sure I was in the correct account, lol. I looked at the card type like 50 times, like is this my account?! but how did I sign into the wrong acct!? Turns out, it was the right acct. Capital One gave me a $300 increase!!! WHOOP WHOOP!! First of all, I didn't even know that could happen on a secured card, second of all what does this mean since this is a secured card? Do I get my deposit back?

My credit scores are still pretty low, lowest is in the high 500s, the other 2 are in the low 600s. I haven't stayed at 30% util as desired, but I've been paying my bills on time every month. I am super excited at this increase and hopefully the love from Capital One continues!!!!

Great start. Congrats

Message 7 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats Chief !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.