Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CARE CREDIT APPROVAL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CARE CREDIT APPROVAL!

Hey everyone! So I had already sworn I wasn't going to app for anything til the end of the year, but after reading some success stories regarding Care Credit, I just had to try. We just rescued a cat from a shelter to be a buddy to my senior cat who is 12 years and the new kitty needs some vet services plus I have dental work pending so I was weighing between pet insurance or care credit. I took the plunge, filled out the form requesting $10K and closed my eyes tight just waiting for the page to stop spinning and holy sheep I was approved for the whole $10K!!!  My fiance was like, now do me I want to get Lasik lol so I said ok let's try. Requested $10K for him too, but they countered with $6K. I set up the account and tried the request more button but alas, a pop up message flashed saying that at this time, I was not eligible to request more. This is by far my biggest CL now and I am truly amazed! Going to try and garden now, for real this time (keep telling yourself that). Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: CARE CREDIT APPROVAL!

Congrats on both!  Cool 16k......good job!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, instant approval is such a great feeling! Savor it while you are in the Garden.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals!!
Message 4 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 5 of 16
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I've been considering Care Credit, bunch of dental work coming up.

Off topic, BUT tell your fiance to consider Lasik carefully. I wear glasses for distance. I went into a Lasik clinic a couple years ago and at the end of the exam the technician told me "Oh, by the way, you'll need to use reading glasses after the surgery". I said "Wait, what? Why would I have laser surgery on my eyes just to need glasses for close up instead of distance???". She was honest enough to say "You're right, you're really not a good candidate for this". I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals! I too am considering an app for Care credit as I have dental work coming as well. A card for the ever increasing medical Bill's would help a lot!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! To DaveInAZ- thanks for that heads up, I was reading a few things regarding this type of surgery and found similar comments from other patients so I passed info along to my fiance before he makes that final decision. 

I didn't think I'd get approved frankly, because even though my TU has gone up considerably since the early part of the year, I have about a dozen inq's but not all of them are reporting so who knows! Glad to have that back up for these types of expenses not to mention padding to bring down my uti which currently is at about 19%. Synchrony might be a bit generous right now, maybe since they're letting walmart cc's go to Cap 1 next month? Been trying to get that sl raised before the alleged takeover but so far, they won't be moved. If anyone is thinking about pulling that care credit trigger, now might be your chance!

Message 8 of 16
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! So I had already sworn I wasn't going to app for anything til the end of the year, but after reading some success stories regarding Care Credit, I just had to try. We just rescued a cat from a shelter to be a buddy to my senior cat who is 12 years and the new kitty needs some vet services plus I have dental work pending so I was weighing between pet insurance or care credit. I took the plunge, filled out the form requesting $10K and closed my eyes tight just waiting for the page to stop spinning and holy sheep I was approved for the whole $10K!!!  My fiance was like, now do me I want to get Lasik lol so I said ok let's try. Requested $10K for him too, but they countered with $6K. I set up the account and tried the request more button but alas, a pop up message flashed saying that at this time, I was not eligible to request more. This is by far my biggest CL now and I am truly amazed! Going to try and garden now, for real this time (keep telling yourself that). Smiley HappySmiley Wink

call the credit solution and ask for more saying the amount you got and the procedure you need to perform for dental and lasik are too high which will put the limit almost maxed out. Ask for like 20K and let them counter. Care Credit has a specific number to call not the regular synchrony credit solutions which usually goes to Indian call centers where they read from a script. I had posted the ph number in one of my older threads about care credit.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 9 of 16
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.