Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Approvals! Chase Freedom, Amex BCE, and Discover IT Cash Back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC Approvals! Chase Freedom, Amex BCE, and Discover IT Cash Back

congrats on your hat trick approvals!

welcome to the disco, chase and amex family!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... Also, when possible try the double dip on Discover. Any feedback afterwards is greatly appreciated ...

That was a wonderfully informative post -- thank you. And Congrats! on your three approvals -- Chase, AMEX, Disco -- a regular "Murderers Row" right there. Smiley LOL You're certainly well-positioned. 

As to your question: Discover counts calendar months, not days. You must have the card open three months (partials count) to be eligible for the 1st CLI. So in your case March, April, May counts three. Come June 1 you can start smashing! Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied today for three cards, I tried to garden but I wanted to get a few cards before lending got tight on new approvals and CLI.

I started the day 3/24 and was concerned about the Chase 5/24 rule so I did the following:

Applied for Amex BCE approved for 6k then applied for Chase Freedom approved for 4.8k and finally Discover IT CB approved for 4k

I am done now for a good while, I can start gardening hear for at least 12mo is the goal. At that point the HP from March 2019 will fall off. 

At the time of HPs my Experian FICO Score 8 was 756.

After all three pulls were done my score dropped 6 points to 750.

All three cards were instant approvals, and I had been prequalified for all cards before applications as well. However, Discover would not tell me my limit until I chatted them online. I am going to try the Amex 3x SP CLI at 61 days. Also, when possible try the double dip on Discover. Any feedback afterwards is greatly appreciated. After today, I will have 8 inquiries in the last 24 months: 6 for new accounts that were approved, 1 for a mortgage preapproval, and 1 for a WF CLI. I have to start watching my AAoA which before today was 5yrs 8months, after wrecking my credit 5 years ago and rehabbing in a focused way.

Current Accounts:

Opened 2014:

WF Platinum - 900

Opened 2019:

Capital One V1 - 6000

Capital One QS - 3500

Citi DC - 8400

Opened 2020:

Amex BCE - 6000

Chase Freedom - 4800

Discover IT - 4000

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

YES! See, I told you I like reading the approval threads and you certainly did not disappoint! JK 😂 But seriously though, congratulations on some really outstanding pick ups! 

lol you know I had to just do it! I went for my first trifecta and got it. Now I'll get some use and let my profile age

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AllZero !

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied today for three cards, I tried to garden but I wanted to get a few cards before lending got tight on new approvals and CLI.

I started the day 3/24 and was concerned about the Chase 5/24 rule so I did the following:

Applied for Amex BCE approved for 6k then applied for Chase Freedom approved for 4.8k and finally Discover IT CB approved for 4k

I am done now for a good while, I can start gardening hear for at least 12mo is the goal. At that point the HP from March 2019 will fall off. 

At the time of HPs my Experian FICO Score 8 was 756.

After all three pulls were done my score dropped 6 points to 750.

All three cards were instant approvals, and I had been prequalified for all cards before applications as well. However, Discover would not tell me my limit until I chatted them online. I am going to try the Amex 3x SP CLI at 61 days. Also, when possible try the double dip on Discover. Any feedback afterwards is greatly appreciated. After today, I will have 8 inquiries in the last 24 months: 6 for new accounts that were approved, 1 for a mortgage preapproval, and 1 for a WF CLI. I have to start watching my AAoA which before today was 5yrs 8months, after wrecking my credit 5 years ago and rehabbing in a focused way.

Current Accounts:

Opened 2014:

WF Platinum - 900

Opened 2019:

Capital One V1 - 6000

Capital One QS - 3500

Citi DC - 8400

Opened 2020:

Amex BCE - 6000

Chase Freedom - 4800

Discover IT - 4000

Nice trifecta!! All good cards with growth potential!! Chase only does HP CLI, but show auto CLI with heavy use.

Smiley Wink

Thanks @blindambition I went for the Chase card since I bank with them and they sent me the preapproval constantly on the app. When I applied they gave me a limit better than they suggested on my Chase app and also a better APR by 2 points.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... Also, when possible try the double dip on Discover. Any feedback afterwards is greatly appreciated ...

That was a wonderfully informative post -- thank you. And Congrats! on your three approvals -- Chase, AMEX, Disco -- a regular "Murderers Row" right there. Smiley LOL You're certainly well-positioned. 

As to your question: Discover counts calendar months, not days. You must have the card open three months (partials count) to be eligible for the 1st CLI. So in your case March, April, May counts three. Come June 1 you can start smashing! Smiley LOL

Thanks @James_A for the info!! I'll make sure to get good use out of the Disco right up until the SP DD. It'll be perfect timing with Summer around the corner.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 
I just love the approval threads! Enjoy your new cards, and be safe out there!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.