cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CF (recon) & AMEX BCE Approved Same Day!!

tag
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

CF (recon) & AMEX BCE Approved Same Day!!

got enough great feed back about my short AAoA situation - continued my app spree which commenced 12/14
and got 2 approvals, today, 12/18!

BCE $2K SL - instant approval

CF $500 SL after recon call 

bce.jpg

freedomchase.jpg

[Note: apped again - 2nd shot @ Installment loan - awaiting word]

Thanks for all the support and guidance!

FICO8: 
EX 12/7: 721  |  12/18: 706
TU 12/7: 742  |  12/18: 740
EX 12/7: 736  |   12/18: 728

• Merrick Bank Secured Visa $1500 - approved January 2016  
  • BestBuy Visa $3000- approved April 2017 / CLI 12/14 to $5300
  • Chase Freedom $500 - approved December 2017
  • Amex BCE $2000 - approved December 2017
  • AAoA = dropped  from 16 to 8.8 months (calculated on 850x3.com) !

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CF (recon) & AMEX BCE Approved Same Day!!

Congrats on your approvals! Hope to see you in the garden! 

Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Glad it all worked out.  Congrats

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work!  Also one of the best planned and patient app "sprees" ever -- thanks for asking the forum for advice, following it, and reporting back so many data points including the Chase recon.  That was heroic.

Remember to immediately mark down your Amex 3X CLI holiday in 61 days from apping.  Also remember that Amex won't likely report the first statement balance.  ALSO remember that Chase isn't a good card to AZEO because if you pay to $0 after statement, it will update reports with a $0 balance.

Great work, do some gardening, calculate your new AAoA (use my spreadsheet as you are) and figure out when your next app spree is allowed based on future AAoA projections.  At 8.8 months you really want to try to get to 24 months AAoA because that's a MAJOR threshold for positivity.  That's unfortunately 16 months away but if you do some forecasts, you may be able to add another app in there somewhere and not push it too far forward.

Hopefully Chase blesses you with an auto CLI on that Chase FU at some point -- I have a feeling my past CO with Chase means I'm stuck in the $500 toilet, but I am also hoping that a year of on-time payments and responsible usage lets me get an actual usable card.  5 months to go for me.

Message 4 of 8
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice work!  Also one of the best planned and patient app "sprees" ever -- thanks for asking the forum for advice, following it, and reporting back so many data points including the Chase recon.  That was heroic. Actually, it is the forum which should be thanked! I am greatful for both the Q's & the A's from newbies and seasoned members. My google searches on credit questions would often lead me here, where i'd find the best insight - then I joined. Special thanks to everyone who has offered me such valuable guidance on this app spree - especially YOU with the tons of insight you've acquired /shared & cool TOOLS!

Remember to immediately mark down your Amex 3X CLI holiday in 61 days from apping.  See... I had no idea about this (Amex 3x CLI) until  you mentioned it.. I had to search it here on the forum and of course there is great insight to be found. Also remember that Amex won't likely report the first statement balance.  ALSO remember that Chase isn't a good card to AZEO because if you pay to $0 after statement, it will update reports with a $0 balance. Awesome! These are two points I was unaware of that surely would have cost me a minor FICO drop.

Great work, do some gardening, Although I am awaiting the last word on the last phase of the app spree (Installment Loan) I am already there mentally. Just need to go to that section of the forum and join in. calculate your new AAoA (use my spreadsheet as you are) and figure out when your next app spree is allowed based on future AAoA projections.  Done. At 8.8 months you really want to try to get to 24 months AAoA because that's a MAJOR threshold for positivity.  That's unfortunately 16 months away but if you do some forecasts, you may be able to add another app in there somewhere and not push it too far forward. Before these two approvals this has been a matter i've been pondering. Using your spreadsheet tool I can figure out the best date to app without pushing back my positive threshold date, but here is the daunting question - Provided there are no mishaps; FICO8 recovers from Inq's; 4 tradelines (or 5 if Installment approves ); Combined  CL projection $16K; AAoA 16months: What will be the best single card to app for?

Hopefully Chase blesses you with an auto CLI on that Chase FU at some point -- I have a feeling my past CO with Chase means I'm stuck in the $500 toilet, but I am also hoping that a year of on-time payments and responsible usage lets me get an actual usable card.  5 months to go for me. I strongly believe that I am in that same porcelain throne with you due to my own prior CO with Chase.  We both received the same SL of $500. This must be an automatic setting in the algo/underwriting for accounts with outdated frownable history like ours. During my recon call I suggested they close my account if I go over 30 or 20% UTL during the first year. I didn't think I'd initiate CLI until then. Guess I'll know in 5months when you report back - wising us luck!

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best single card to app for really depends on your spending.

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, I really like the Discover IT Miles card for the first year, because you get 1.5% cash back right away and then they double all your cash back the first year so it's a 3% cashback card on ALL spending, no categories.  Combine that with Discover Deals cashback (which is also double the first year) and no annual fee and I think it's quite possibly one of the strongest cards to have for 1 year.  But since I am aiming for 4/24, I can't do it.  Plus, it isn't a travel card, it's a cashback card that pretends to be travel.

That being said, if you do a lot of travel, I would tell you to do the math for points cards.

Eventually I'll be updarting my spreadsheet site to let people track all their past spend (and categories) and instantly report back where they failed on maximizing rewards, but that's a lot of work ahead to get there, lol.  I'd love a site that told me "Hey, last month you earned $126 in real rewards but you could have earned $142 if you used your cards better, or $158 if you had just one more card and here is the analysis."

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!
Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy Nice job!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.