Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFNA Firestone Approval w/ questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CFNA Firestone Approval w/ questions

So I was approved today for $1,000 line at Firestone.

What I'm wondering is how this reports. does it report to the credit card or does it report as a credit line? I really don't want to have to pay off the balance to keep my utilization down on my credit cards.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: CFNA Firestone Approval w/ questions

It's a credit card and will report as such. The utilization will be used in regards to scoring.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yep. Used to have this card myself early on while building. As Jnbmom mentioned, it DOES report as a normal card account.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting it. I was approved for it a couple weeks ago also, and have an appointment Friday for new tires. I received my card about a week ago in the mail, and it has already reported to the three bureaus.
Message 5 of 12
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. It's considered a Credit Card. Just shows on reports as revolving store card like Macys and others.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're going in Friday. Hop on wine and get the $100 off 500 more spent. I just got down here and realize that sale doesn't start until Thursday so I'm not coming to get my tires until Thursday because they're $704 and that makes it 604. LOL
Message 7 of 12
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the new credit card. Yes, it will report as such...  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all the congratulations.

This card actually means a lot. and then looking around trying to secure personal loan and even one of the cards I applied for gave me the same response and that is at the limits were too low on my current cards.

I am working on bringing them up but I needed a higher limit card somewhere to help with that.

this new card should make a pretty good difference in my credit especially after I pay off the initial purchase I'm doing. :-)
Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont know if its just me, unless it has 0% promo periods, i wouldnt want to let a bslsnce revolve on store card high aprs. I have Sync Car Care and it does include 6 months promo periods but i wouldnt let abalance revolve on its 29.99% spr lol. Im average not crazySmiley Wink
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.