Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: CHASE Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card

@FinStar  - already did - I thought I put the data points on there.

it was November or October when the whole Amazon LOL started and I was declined.

but now I am hearing it is also United ....😈

Message 11 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PointsBonus wrote:

@FinStar  - already did - I thought I put the data points on there.

it was November or October when the whole Amazon LOL started and I was declined.

but now I am hearing it is also United ....😈

What's one more HP? 😂

I'd be curious to see the results if you go for it. Me, I already have bunches of Chase including United, Hyatt, Amazon, etc. (pre-5/24 rules); but it's always great to see DPs on different profiles and outcomes 😎

Message 12 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

What's one more HP? 😂

Or two?  .. (The Chase factorSmiley Very Happy)

Message 13 of 22
Jccflat
Established Contributor

I wonder for the people who manage to get into Chase with that Amazon Chase card and they get approved can  they get a regular card also after a few months meaning does it open the doors ?

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat I aim to find out since I just skated in the door last month to snag the $200 GC and before they slammed the door on the pre-approval link in the app! My first Chase product ever, no prior relationship and I have baddies still. Don't see anything in my offers yet... but keeping an eye on it. 

Message 15 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, grats on your Amazon prime approval!

Message 16 of 22
hazmat2021

Congrats!! No surprised because Amazon was threatening too pull their cobranded Chase cards if this ridiculous & arbitrary 5/24 rule wasn't relaxed for them! Congrats againSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
hazmat2021

I worked for Amazon for 5 years until 10/2020 & I can tell you that upper management (Seattle) was threatening too pull their cobranded if they didn't relax(or completely undo) this ridiculous 5/24 rule on the Amazon cards! Nothing worse for Amazon then having people with great credit not get their card!

Message 18 of 22
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your LOL/24 Chase Amazon approval. 

I won't be under 5/24 until mid summer. Tried in September with United (declined) and Amazon (end of November) for being right at 5/24. When I called to recon about United the agent said there is no such thing as a 5/24 rule (yeah right). She just said it was because I opened to many account in the past 24 months. Now, she was either playing dumb about 5/24 or she honestly didn't know. 

Fast forward to the end of November, I tried my luck with the Amazon card to get the upped SUB. The guy was flat out honest. If you have 5 or more cards in 24 months there is nothing I can do to overturn the decision. Then I played dumb and he told me that you must be at 4/24 to apply and be approved. I also had no pre qualify on the Amazon app. I do appreciate his honesty. 

So not sure if I should try again for the United or just wait until the summer. 

JR
Message 19 of 22
User1065252
Established Member

Experian 720

Equifax 653

Transunion 655

I tried pre approval through Amazon and it kept saying "credit report not found "

i applied for both the United and Amazon the same day,

Received a letter for the United Application and it straight up said "too many accounts opened in 24 months " 

I do have a checking account with Chase, has been opened about 3 years now 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.