Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE FREEDOM CLI - Before First Statment Cut !! Deny Overturned

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE FREEDOM CLI - Before First Statment Cut !! Deny Overturned

Hey All,

Wanted to let you know some info i would find valuable if i was debating trying for a CLI on freedom with Sub-Prime scores.

I got the card (Freedom) June 22 with a score of EX-633 SL 500.

I spent rougly 1500 through it from then till now . I also was approved for Amazon Prime( just showed up today), Overstock, and Cap1 QS1 (limits in sig)

My util just updated on my experian on the secure cards i had reporting to 18% (due to the amazon card showing the purchases) but the overstock and cap 1 cards are not showing on there yet.

I have some major derogs to fall off in August but those other accounts will also show then as well so it was a matter of wait for derogs to fall off but then have new creditlines or app now and see if i could get theh CLI before they see the new lines of credit.

I called in maybe 15 minutes ago and talked to a CSR who was nice but incapable.

Was happy to run the credit and then with false empathy tell me i was denied and i would recieve a letter in the mail as to why.

I was polite and told him thank you but i would like to speak to the LO about my file and the reasons for denial.

He transferred me over and spoke with a nice LO who was willing to talk with me about the reasons for the denial.

She asked about the recent inquires for credit that they saw . I told her i have been rebuilding my credit for the last few years since my motorcyle accident and loosing my job . I have on time payments on 2 secure cards for 27 months, a car loan for 30+ and all but one of my negatives are paid back.

I had one unpaid medical on EX for $699 and 3 accounts with at least 1 30 late showing and  one account with a 60+ (car repoed when i lost my job 4 years ago).

She asked why i wanted the CLI and i let her know that i just wanted to have a chase card that could handle the monthly expenses and i am shooting to get the CSP in a year or so . It is a hassle to have so many other cards to try and make the credit card game referees happy i told her and that these other accounts are there to help build a thin file that is growing stonger.

She put me on hold for 5 minutes came back and let me know i went from 500 SL on june 22  to a 1.5k cli 2k today .

Not huge and to many of the big credit giants here on myfico that would not be anything but to me, who is glad to even been approved for the card, i am glad.

I PIF on the card daily and EX-fico 8 according to MyFico is 655 as of writing this article.

I will be gardening now for 6 months and see where it takes me. Hope to get a CSP EOY if possible .

That is all folks. Let me know if you have any questions im glad to help Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE FREEDOM CLI - Before First Statment Cut !! Deny Overturned

Congratulations on all your approvals! 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work ... congrats!
Message 3 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Very good work explaining to her why you wanted a bigger CLI and pointing out and addressing each thing for your rational.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to all  for the congratulations.

It is not always logic of anecdotal story that prevails.
It seems more about anecdotal stories (that are true) that align with a viable CR combined with a human being listening on the other side that is able, with simple clarification,to understand why you are requesting your credit request etc..

I called amazon and overstock and neither of them cared and neither could let me talk with an underwriter. Rather I spoke with someperson who tried for my increase but in the end just said they could and would mail the letter to me. they also said it was sealed so they couldn't see it (Synchrony Bank). Not sure if that how it works there or if there is an escalation number or not but it seems that there is no recon with them.(i also called  Credit Solutions number) to no avail.

I will let some old INQ fall off and let the accounts marinade in on time payments and now use my freedom card as need be.

Also side note.

Just signed up for RBFCU so i will be updating the forums here as I get into the swing of things with them .

thanks all and have a great day Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey All,

Wanted to let you know some info i would find valuable if i was debating trying for a CLI on freedom with Sub-Prime scores.

I got the card (Freedom) June 22 with a score of EX-633 SL 500.

I spent rougly 1500 through it from then till now . I also was approved for Amazon Prime( just showed up today), Overstock, and Cap1 QS1 (limits in sig)

My util just updated on my experian on the secure cards i had reporting to 18% (due to the amazon card showing the purchases) but the overstock and cap 1 cards are not showing on there yet.

I have some major derogs to fall off in August but those other accounts will also show then as well so it was a matter of wait for derogs to fall off but then have new creditlines or app now and see if i could get theh CLI before they see the new lines of credit.

I called in maybe 15 minutes ago and talked to a CSR who was nice but incapable.

Was happy to run the credit and then with false empathy tell me i was denied and i would recieve a letter in the mail as to why.

I was polite and told him thank you but i would like to speak to the LO about my file and the reasons for denial.

He transferred me over and spoke with a nice LO who was willing to talk with me about the reasons for the denial.

She asked about the recent inquires for credit that they saw . I told her i have been rebuilding my credit for the last few years since my motorcyle accident and loosing my job . I have on time payments on 2 secure cards for 27 months, a car loan for 30+ and all but one of my negatives are paid back.

I had one unpaid medical on EX for $699 and 3 accounts with at least 1 30 late showing and  one account with a 60+ (car repoed when i lost my job 4 years ago).

She asked why i wanted the CLI and i let her know that i just wanted to have a chase card that could handle the monthly expenses and i am shooting to get the CSP in a year or so . It is a hassle to have so many other cards to try and make the credit card game referees happy i told her and that these other accounts are there to help build a thin file that is growing stonger.

She put me on hold for 5 minutes came back and let me know i went from 500 SL on june 22  to a 1.5k cli 2k today .

Not huge and to many of the big credit giants here on myfico that would not be anything but to me, who is glad to even been approved for the card, i am glad.

I PIF on the card daily and EX-fico 8 according to MyFico is 655 as of writing this article.

I will be gardening now for 6 months and see where it takes me. Hope to get a CSP EOY if possible .

That is all folks. Let me know if you have any questions im glad to help Smiley Happy

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 11
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

congrats! !!!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work, congrats on the CLI

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.