Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE FREEDOM GREEN CHECK 6/24 APPROVAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE FREEDOM GREEN CHECK 6/24 APPROVAL

Had the urge to apply for another credit card and logged into Chase to see that I had two green check offers.  One for Chase Freedom and the other for Chase Sapphire Preferred.  Both fixed APR's asking for annual income and phone number.  I was reading conflicting reports about green check offers bypassing the 5/24 rule and I was skeptical since I was  at 6/24 ...

First and Only Account Opened with Chase :  Chase Freedom Unlimited (2 months old) SL: $3600

At the time that I applied my highest limit of all my cards was $3500 so I assumed that Chase was into matching limits. (my own little silly theory. don't mind me LOL)

Going for the green check offers I was hoping that Chase would match my AMEX limit of $10,000 since it was now reporting.  Well, I opted for the Freedom Card offer and was instantly approved with a $6400 limit.  Bringing my  total limit with both chase cards to $10,000.   Yayyy!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: CHASE FREEDOM GREEN CHECK 6/24 APPROVAL

You GO GIRLSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 3 of 20
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Nice Win! Those cards will give you long term use considering how easy it is to product change them to other solid rewards cards. Congrats!

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!

I'm wondering, what's stopping her from snatching up that CSP and getting a 2 for one? Chase may even toss a $10k limit on it, depending.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats that's fantastic!!

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Had the urge to apply for another credit card and logged into Chase to see that I had two green check offers.  One for Chase Freedom and the other for Chase Sapphire Preferred.  Both fixed APR's asking for annual income and phone number.  I was reading conflicting reports about green check offers bypassing the 5/24 rule and I was skeptical since I was  at 6/24 ...

First and Only Account Opened with Chase :  Chase Freedom Unlimited (2 months old) SL: $3600

At the time that I applied my highest limit of all my cards was $3500 so I assumed that Chase was into matching limits. (my own little silly theory. don't mind me LOL)

Going for the green check offers I was hoping that Chase would match my AMEX limit of $10,000 since it was now reporting.  Well, I opted for the Freedom Card offer and was instantly approved with a $6400 limit.  Bringing my  total limit with both chase cards to $10,000.   Yayyy!

Super Congrats on your Chase Freedom $6,400 SL!

Since you were approved for the Chase Freedom at 6/24,

you now have tangible proof (at least in your case) that

green check offers fall outside Chase's 5/24 rule. As a

result, you still have another green check offer in your

back pocket that you can tap into should the urge hit you

in the near future. Thanks so much for sharing, and congrats

once again on your new card!!!

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval!!!

Message 8 of 20
jl4
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Super Congrats on your Chase Freedom $6,400 SL!

Since you were approved for the Chase Freedom at 6/24,

you now have tangible proof (at least in your case) that

green check offers fall outside Chase's 5/24 rule. As a

result, you still have another green check offer in your

back pocket that you can tap into should the urge hit you

in the near future. Thanks so much for sharing, and congrats

once again on your new card!!!

A green check mark with a fixed APR. I had one with a range and was turned down for 5/24. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your experience, @jl4.

The difference with the OP clearly appears to be

the fixed APR, along with proof of income and

phone number. At least in this instance.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.