Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE FREEDOM UNLIMITED

tag
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

Re: CHASE FREEDOM UNLIMITED

@Mike1014805 I totally feel your frustration. I was denied at first so I called the reconsideration line. I did have a collections with chase back in 2008 when I was laid off during the recession. But thankfully I was able chase freedom flex but only with a 1k limit. I am hoping as I come up on my year anniversary that they do an auto increase since I don't want a hp on my credit.  But a win is a win, congratulations!!!

Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 22
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I have pretty much given up on Chase, I have one and would love to add some more but I am well into the 5/24 territory and as much as I would like to think I can wait 2 years before applying for anything else, I'm weak willed Smiley Tongue

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 12 of 22
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Auto CLI on chase card can be very hard imo. I had a chase freedom stuck at 2k limit for 7 or more years. Ans just a week back i applied for back to back chase cards and were approved for 5 figure limits and also another 2k increase on my old freedom card. Never got auto cli even though i used the card a lot and paid in full many times

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 13 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I have found no rhyme or reason for Chase auto CLI. I got my Southwest card a few years ago and started using it heavily. After some period of time, I got an auto CLI of $3K from $26.7K to $29.7K. I don't know exactly when it happened, I just happened to see the extra CL one day. I'll track my progress a little better with the CFU that I opened in November 2021. I've used the crap out of that card, to the point where I'm almost surprised that I haven't received one already. I've also reallocated the CLs between the two cards a couple of times as well. I'm not sure if that influences auto CLI or not.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Message 14 of 22
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

I have found no rhyme or reason for Chase auto CLI. I got my Southwest card a few years ago and started using it heavily. After some period of time, I got an auto CLI of $3K from $26.7K to $29.7K. I don't know exactly when it happened, I just happened to see the extra CL one day. I'll track my progress a little better with the CFU that I opened in November 2021. I've used the crap out of that card, to the point where I'm almost surprised that I haven't received one already. I've also reallocated the CLs between the two cards a couple of times as well. I'm not sure if that influences auto CLI or not.

One thing about relocating limits between chase card is, CHASE looks at it as a CLI if you move one card's CL to another card's CL and resulting in an increase of CL in the second card. Which may end up causing a denial in an actual CLI

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 15 of 22
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per your sig CFU has by far the lowest limit though, although you opened it in 2019 😅 Not expecting much for my 500 SL CFF, at all 😓

Message 17 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@sghosh5 wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

One thing about relocating limits between chase card is, CHASE looks at it as a CLI if you move one card's CL to another card's CL and resulting in an increase of CL in the second card. Which may end up causing a denial in an actual CLI

I was afraid of this. I wasn't going to ask for a CLI. I was hoping for an auto CLI at the six or seven month mark.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Message 18 of 22
black_citi
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!! I started off with a $1300 limit back in Jan 2019 when I applied and got approved for my CFU. After about a year of light use, they auto CLI me to $4600. About 8 months later I did something that spooked them so they slapped me back down to $1300 where its been at since lol.

I don't really care tho since I don't even use the card anymore. I might cancel eventually.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 19 of 22
Mike1014805
New Contributor

@black_citi wrote:

Congrats on your approval!! I started off with a $1300 limit back in Jan 2019 when I applied and got approved for my CFU. After about a year of light use, they auto CLI me to $4600. About 8 months later I did something that spooked them so they slapped me back down to $1300 where its been at since lol.

I don't really care tho since I don't even use the card anymore. I might cancel eventually.

What did you that "spooked" them?

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.