Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE SAPPHIRE Preferred - Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE SAPPHIRE Preferred - Approved

Trying to get into the Chase ecosystem. Just some data points.

FICO8
EXP 720; EQ: 720; TU:729

Per Experian app I have (under Score factors - what is hurting)
EXP: Serious Delinq (3 accounts); EQSmiley Sad2 acocunts - report is 48 days old); TU (3 accounts - report is 48 days old)

Approved with a SL of 12.1K - easily the card with the highest limit (prev was 10K).

Wasnt till after I applied till it dawned on me Chase' 5/24 rule. And going back I had opened the following:

jcrew 08/18; kohls 11/18

discover 06/19; cbna (bestbuy) 09/19

What does not show is the BOA card I opened 11/19. Also, I have the CHASE INK card (opened 9/19). I understand business cards report differently -  that didn't count toward the five limit?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: CHASE SAPPHIRE Preferred - Approved

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 23
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Congrats one day I hope to join the Chase fam.
Message 3 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 23
T-Bear
Valued Member

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 23
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your CHASE SAPPHIRE Preferred approval, the AWESOME SL, and Thanks for the DPs!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 23
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

From personal experience, Chase loves to soft pull like crazy for the first few months.   Don't app or misbehave for a few months so they don't get trigger happy since you're technically over their 5/24 and have a mildly dirty file.   I had the same thing - an account not showing (I thought it was going to be an installment but it reports as a revolver), so I was very quiet about my credit for a bit after that and they eventually started only SPing once every couple of months.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 23
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval and nice SL!

Message 8 of 23
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Trying to get into the Chase ecosystem. Just some data points.

FICO8
EXP 720; EQ: 720; TU:729

Per Experian app I have (under Score factors - what is hurting)
EXP: Serious Delinq (3 accounts); EQSmiley Sad2 acocunts - report is 48 days old); TU (3 accounts - report is 48 days old)

Approved with a SL of 12.1K - easily the card with the highest limit (prev was 10K).

Wasnt till after I applied till it dawned on me Chase' 5/24 rule. And going back I had opened the following:

jcrew 08/18; kohls 11/18

discover 06/19; cbna (bestbuy) 09/19

What does not show is the BOA card I opened 11/19. Also, I have the CHASE INK card (opened 9/19). I understand business cards report differently -  that didn't count toward the five limit?

Congrats on the card. It is YMMV if store cards count against 5/24. Some say if the store cards are only store specific and you can't use them anywhere else (i.e. kohls card vs target mastercard) then it might not count against 5/24. Business cards that do not show up on your personal report do not count against your 5/24. Certain business cards report on both. Lastly, when over 5/24, you cannot get any Chase approved for Chase Business cards. There are exceptions when you are pre-approved on the Chase portal however. HTH.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY all for the well wishes and the additional info! No doubt I'm counting my blessings for getting the card given my file and circumstances.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.