cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE Sapphire Preferred APPROVED! What's NEXT??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE Sapphire Preferred APPROVED! What's NEXT??

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great info on here.  I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred card yesterday and got a note that they had to review the application further.  Usually that's an identity issue, so I called in today to the identity / fraud department and after an almost 3 hour hold, did an ID verification and got APPROVED!  The instant approval was for $5k SL.  They pulled Experian and my score is 726.  I have a few questions for the community:

1. I would like to get that $5k SL raised... any advice?
  2. I was thinking of also getting a Chase business card. Should I apply for that right away or wait?

Thanks so much everyone... the info on these boards is priceless.

- Dima

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: CHASE Sapphire Preferred APPROVED! What's NEXT??

Congrats on your approval 

Raising your SL would involve another HP. Since they approved you in the lowest limit for that card I would wait a little. 

As far as business card goes, again keep in mind that this was a squeeze in approval, so I would wait somewhere around 6 months before attempting another application for Chase card. 

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Remedios ! What do you mean by a "squeeze in approval"?

Message 3 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @Remedios ! What do you mean by a "squeeze in approval"?

$5000 is the lowest starting limit for CSP, so it's indicative of Chase not being willing to extend additional credit at this time.

Just like all other things credit related, time cures that issue. Just wait a little and you should be good to go in about six months. 

Also, Chase doesn't mess around when apps for their cards are too close together or included in "sprees". 

Sometimes nothing happens, but denials and closures of existing accounts happen to some.

If CSP is important to you, you will need to decide where your risk tolerance happens to be. 

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it @Remedios thank you! I feel like my score of 726 is pretty good so I wonder why they only gave me the minimum for the card, but I'm excited to get the approval and I'll just ask for a raise in 6 months like you mentioned. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got it @Remedios thank you! I feel like my score of 726 is pretty good so I wonder why they only gave me the minimum for the card, but I'm excited to get the approval and I'll just ask for a raise in 6 months like you mentioned. Thanks again!

It can be due to many things, but you got the approval, that's what matters.

Also, depending on your spent you might get an increase from them.

It's easier when limit isn't too high. 

Chase loves to see use (who doesn't) so it will all work out in the end. 

Message 6 of 28
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!! While your score may be decent, that isn't only factor in decision. They scrutinize overall profile. Algorithm factors certain criteria over others.

Also when doing a recon on limit, or asking for CLI, it will result in 1 or 2 HP. Which also falls under 5/24.

Message 7 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new CSP! and I too concur with Remmy on the business card and wanting more on the SL.

Message 8 of 28
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Smiley Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 9 of 28
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.