Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI DC CLI

tag
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

CITI DC CLI

Crazy what waiting a while without applying for anything does for you. Went I first applied for this card it got approved for 500 dollars and I cancelled it. A few months later I applied again after not applied for anything and I got approved for 5,200 on October 17th. Just yesterday I was getting ready to enter the garden and I decided to blow one inquiry before doing so. Prior to this I just requested a CLI on my US BANK CASH+ credit card which was a hardpull but declined. I went to the CITI website and requested 10K, got the inquiry within a minute and then 9 minutes later exactly I got the approval email! from Literally 500 months back to 10K. It truly does pay off to not apply for a while. My scores have always been high 690s to low 700s but have struggled with staying in the garden which hasn't allowed me to get the bigger limits and better more high end cards but now I believe I'm ready to stay in the garden for a good while. Thank you for reading!

As of 11/28/2018
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI DC CLI

Good for you and Congratulations on the increase! 

Message 2 of 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations_misti NOT MOVE.jpg

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Np1791 wrote:

... I went to the CITI website and requested 10K, got the inquiry within a minute and then 9 minutes later exactly I got the approval email ...

So this was a HP from which CRA? 

And nicely played by you. Congratulations! on turning 500 into 10K. Excellent work.

Message 4 of 8
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Np1791 wrote:

... I went to the CITI website and requested 10K, got the inquiry within a minute and then 9 minutes later exactly I got the approval email ...

So this was a HP from which CRA? 

And nicely played by you. Congratulations! on turning 500 into 10K. Excellent work.

Inquiry was on Experian. I'm in California. Thanks!

As of 11/28/2018
Message 5 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 8
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Well done on the CLI.

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats NpSmiley Happy. I find that struggle as well at times. Lol, just dont dapp like me, depressed and apping is not good lol.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.