Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI DoubleCash Unicorn Approval

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

CITI DoubleCash Unicorn Approval

My beloved DW received a "pre-qualified" Double Cash offer. The mailer said 4 out of 5 are approved. Her file was thin, but I believed her to be at about 685 EX Fico. She went to the mailer link, filled out the application and got the dreaded under view, 7 - 10 day, message. There was a link with check status and app id #. After 3 days she get a text and email asking if it is okay for them to call her.  In the meantime, Credit alerts go off, two new medical collections showed up on her file.

The medicals were know issues, insurance, yada, yada, yada.

Never the less, they hit at the absolute worst time.

She responded to the test with "Yes", it is okay to call me. They called instantly. She had fat thumbed her application and the social had a six where a nine should have been. They had already pulled EX, while she was on hold, they pulled Equifax, her best report.

Due to her new medical collections, her EX had dropped to 597. However, those didn't report to Equifax, where she was a 690.

Ended up approved for $3k with 9 months 0%, and a $150 SUB for $1k spend.

She must be living right. Smiley Wink

EDITED: spelling/grammar

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: CITI DoubleCash Unicorn Approval

Congrats! 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Mike to DWSmiley Happy Sorry about the crazy bad timed meds. Pretty nice limit though and super congrats on getting an actual Sub on the DCSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Awesome approval all things considered! Congrats! This is probably my favorite card

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to her! You're retelling had me nervous lol but happy it worked out for her!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.