Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Simplicity Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI Simplicity Approval

Hey guys, applied for a CITI Simplicity card last night and was approved for a CL of $5,100. I was hoping to get at least $7,500 to do a balance transfer. The card currently has a 0% APR for 21 months with a 3% BT fee. Right now, I have 2 other cards, non-major. One is 100% util 7500 CL, and one is 10k/13k CL.

My question is: do I have any chance of asking for a recon up to 7500? What are others CITI experiences with calling for a recon?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI Simplicity Approval

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, applied for a CITI Simplicity card last night and was approved for a CL of $5,100. I was hoping to get at least $7,500 to do a balance transfer. The card currently has a 0% APR for 21 months with a 3% BT fee. Right now, I have 2 other cards, non-major. One is 100% util 7500 CL, and one is 10k/13k CL.

My question is: do I have any chance of asking for a recon up to 7500? What are others CITI experiences with calling for a recon?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

What does your profiel look like? Scores? util? negative items? Also, it may cost you another hard pull.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 8
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Even with second new pull, i dont think they could increase now. You may have to wait or go for chase slate? btw, grats op.

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt it. If you are apping with a maxed out and a nearly maxed out card, you are lucky you got approved at all! Transfer what you can and pay off the rest.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new SL. Enjoy! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I doubt it. If you are apping with a maxed out and a nearly maxed out card, you are lucky you got approved at all! Transfer what you can and pay off the rest.

I agree here.  YOu had a thread in CC not too long ago about your situation. Transfer what you can, and youll still have a maxxed out card, but at 0% for most of the balance at least. Was a personal loan not an option for you? Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

ditto

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.