Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI ThankYou Preferred CLI

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

CITI ThankYou Preferred CLI

Since CITI had been showing some love to me in store cards i thought of trying to get a CLI for my ThankYou Preferred card which is just a graduated product from CITI Secured card and had just 500 dollars limit. I put in a request and it was automatically increased to 1000 and then they gave me a message, do you want to request more and we can send your request to our credit team. So i submitted a request of 5000. They said they will let me know through email. Did anyone have this experience?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI ThankYou Preferred CLI

They also gave me an offer to lower my APR to 7.9% till 2019. Looks like they really want me to use their card. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy. If it's being sent to credit team sounds like a hp to me.
Message 4 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Yes they did a hard pull on Experian and approved my request of 5000 !!! First time happened with me for CITI. Looks like they are being generous to me, while CHASE is not when i use CHASE cards mostly and pay them off right away. Will now have to move to CITI for more utlization. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your credit line increase.

I can't help but ask why you have a Chase Sapphire card and a CreditOne card...such a dichotomy.

Message 7 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

The credit one card i have is back from my credit rebuilding days. Yes i know, should close the card now since i have better cards now

Message 8 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:
The credit one card i have is back from my credit rebuilding days. Yes i know, should close the card now since i have better cards now

Please. can you close the Credit One.. It served its purpose..... let it go.....

You dont even have utilization to worry about with your other limits...

Honestly it sticks out on your lineup like a sore thumb... 

Every time someone closes a Credit One card, a credit angel gets their wings....

Message 9 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Lol. Thanks. Yes now i will close it

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.