Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI is NOT Inq or New account sensitive!! + mini spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI is NOT Inq or New account sensitive!! + mini spree

So I cold app'd for the AA Platinum elite card for the 60k bonus miles promo did not expect anything to really come of it, application went to "further processing required" and then I received a letter asking me to call and confirm address information. Called and the agent spoke with her manager and was able to get me approved for $6.5k! I have a ton of new accounts and Inqs, data points provided below along with the results of my other spree results. From what I have read this rather unusual for CITI, but it appears at least in my case they were willing to look past all of the inqs and new accounts, YMMV.

AA Platinum:

CBR Pulled: EQ and EX

Scores: 711, 726

Inqs: 64, 82

AAoA: 11 months 

Loads of new accounts

Limit: $6.5k

APR: Unknown

USAA Limitless:

CBR Pulled: EQ 

Scores: 711

Inqs: 64

Loads of new accounts

Limit: $6.0k

APR: 20.65%

Cabela's Visa:

CBR Pulled: EQ 

Scores: 711

Inqs: 64

Loads of new accounts

Limit: Unkown

BP Visa:

CBR Pulled: TU

Scores: 731

Inqs: 43

Loads of new accounts

Limit: $1.8k

CLI Request:

Final Visa:

CBR Pulled: EX Soft Pull

Scores: 726

Inqs: 82

Loads of new accounts

Limit: $5k --> $10k

APR: Remained same.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI is NOT Inq or New account sensitive!! + mini spree

I'm impressed! Congrats!

Message 2 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats! You guys must haven't noticed​ the seasoned member's comments about INQs? Lol
People here sometimes make way too much out of them as they do about the number of balances reporting.
I've seen multiple members with tons of INQs, get approved for CC's that were said to be unobtainable, with what is thought to be too many INQs.
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Congrats! You guys must haven't noticed​ the seasoned member's comments about INQs? Lol
People here sometimes make way too much out of them as they do about the number of balances reporting.
I've seen multiple members with tons of INQs, get approved for CC's that were said to be unobtainable, with what is thought to be too many INQs.

I have seen those, but I have also seen posts that Citi is extremely INQ sensitive, in the past I also got a denial from them based solely on number of Inqs. 

Message 4 of 27
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Just because you were able to get it doesn't mean they are NOT inquiry or new account sensitive. Your approval with so many inquiries could be one of those isolated events because from first hand experience I know for a fact they are very inquiry sensitive and lots of other members can testify to that. Congrats on the approval though!

Message 5 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I think it is profile and what cards whether they choose to be inquiry sensitive.. They give out the AA card like candy and believe it is easier than persay the DC.  Just speculation, but seen alot of people get the AA card with huge amount of accounts/inquiries and not the best profiles.

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

Just because you were able to get it doesn't mean they are NOT inquiry or new account sensitive. Your approval with so many inquiries could be one of those isolated events because from first hand experience I know for a fact they are very inquiry sensitive and lots of other members can testify to that. Congrats on the approval though!

Hence my statement YMMV, and my statement "at least in my case" Smiley Wink 

Message 7 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

New accounts sensitive and INQs are two different things. I've been denied for too many new accounts several times.lol

I can't think of once that it was for INQs.

When you see the INQs part, it's mainly a generic response IME.

Message 8 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok , first off Tydawg, congratsSmiley Happy

I know you are young ,lol, from your previous post. Im just curious, at your age and with your credit, what exactly are all those inquiries from? I know car shopping can have a shot gun approach but holy cow. The only ones ive seen with that many inqs have been people usually with very thick profiles. In your case with Sync, i think all those hps might have spooked them.

Again well done but please update, inquiring average minds wanna knowSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! I recently applied but I can say they are very sensitive to new accounts and inquiries because that was the exact reason that I was denied in the letter they sent to me.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.