Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITIBANK SECURED CREDIT CARD JOURNEY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITIBANK SECURED CREDIT CARD JOURNEY

Where can you find info on these, I looked at their website and didn't see any references to a secured. I'm in the US, perhaps Canada is different?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

awe! thank you very much for welcoming me. i am born and raised in the Philippines and lived in spain for the pasy 7 years before nyc... thank you so much experts for guiding me and helping me. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

awe! thank you very much for welcoming me. i am born and raised in the Philippines and lived in spain for the pasy 7 years before nyc... thank you so much experts for guiding me and helping me. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi everyone, just to uodate i received my CITISECURED card today april 10, 2017... i am so excited until i saw my lastname on the card MISPELLED... lol hahaha... how come a big company did not double check my documents... called them and they told me will send a new card after 7 days. hope its correct this time. hahah

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i went to the branch to apply. but if you visit www.citibank.com in credit cards part they have this secured card diamond card

Message 15 of 16
newhis
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your 3 cards.

BofA,

- you can ask to add the 3-2-1, sometimes you need to contact them several times until you find someone that can do it. Check the Backdoor numbers thread for phone numbers you can try.

- usually you can unsecure with SP at around 7th statement

- you can add more money to get a higher limit, up to 10k. My DW added some to get a 5K at around the 5th month, the card graduated with that 5K limit. It will be a HP for that.

For the future:

- if you want to app for other cards, car loan or mortgage in the future, the best way to max your score is report all cards at $0 but one with a low balance (it could be $10), you only need to do this if you plan to app for something, no need to do it every month. Some people do it every month so they are sure they will never have debt.

- you can't get a Discover card with ITIN anymore, now they ask for SSN

- you can get Cap1 and Amex cards online using ITIN

- you can get a secured loan, you get better credit mix and a boost in FICO score

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.