Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Kohls but Strange....

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

CLI Kohls but Strange....

Greetings My Fico Friends..

I don't often post about cli's or new cards etc... Just not my thing, unless sharing DP's or an oddity occurs..

Well today is such a case.

I've been trying to get a cli from Kohls for a long time.. SL was $300, went to $700. and there it stayed..

No, no and NO for cli requests.. I've been revolting, no, not revolting adjective but revolting verb. LOL  AAsmileysnicker.gif Haven't used the card since last Christmas. 

Saw the post by realestone and was encouraged.. Did the request, DENIED.aa RANT.gif

Ok, had enough; called to request via phone and robolady said my CL was $1500. ?? Huh?  

Logged back into Kohls and yep- they doubled it, well a little more than double. Still a rotten CL but what the heck, at least it's moving so I'm happy.

Really odd they said- denied but it was approved.. Pfft.. If I hadn't called, I never would have known.

Just wanted to share that strange experience. Have a grand day.. 

CHEERS   giphy (1).gif

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI Kohls but Strange....

Congrats on the increase! 

Message 2 of 20
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! It may be a moot point now but maybe give recon or customer service a ring to see why you have been denied? If you are using it then I've seen that card grow for many people relatively quickly.

Either way- Congrats!!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 20
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on the CLI! It may be a moot point now but maybe give recon or customer service a ring to see why you have been denied? If you are using it then I've seen that card grow for many people relatively quickly.

Either way- Congrats!!

Thank you for the idea.. 00 idea.gif

If the issues continue after this, I'll certainly try that.

I only use the card to shop at Christmas because of the nice rewards/extras they give to card holders so 'twas not a big issue but it did kind of bug me a little.. I finally got frustrated and called today, after a year of denials lol.  Perhaps in the future I'll call sooner. 

Thanks again.. 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Kohls CLI!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! we use the card alot because me and my wife have 4 kids  and they have great deals i always pay in full though never carry a balance

Message 6 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the CLI.... Mine was at 300 for 9 years asked for CLI was auto denied so I canceled the card. A week later a letter came in the mail saying they needed to verify it was me requesting the CLI before they could approve it. I threw the letter away and never looked back.
Message 7 of 20
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
Grats on the CLI.... Mine was at 300 for 9 years asked for CLI was auto denied so I canceled the card. A week later a letter came in the mail saying they needed to verify it was me requesting the CLI before they could approve it. I threw the letter away and never looked back.

0mademyday.gif   Thanks a bunch! That made me LOL

I was so close to that point.. I mean really, it's only Kohls, I have cards with more than 20X that limit.  /shakes head

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing that excellent odd tale. 

And Congrats! P on the CLI.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.