Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Spree Overall pretty good

tag
gsxrgt
New Contributor

CLI Spree Overall pretty good

I finally got my utility down to 3% and decided to CLI all my cards starting about a week ago. At the time had about 10 inquiries on Experian ranging from early 2012 until May 2013. Only two each on TU and Equifax. Experian FICO on here was 773, TU from my Disocver wass 797 and Equifax on here was 813.

First up was Citi TY Preferred. Called in and they had to pull Experian but analyst bumped me from 7.8K to 12K with no problem.

Amex BCP: Asked for 24.5K but got 7-10 day message. Im assuming they still have older SP with higher Util. Knew I should've waited Smiley Sad (can you request again anytime or do I have to wait six months?)

CSP I called and asked for 20K from 11K and they pulled report nd said they'd let me know.. I checked later and they just moved 9K from my Freedom to CSP lol. I just SM'd them to move it back and see if they can still up just the CSP.

Penfed did online and they upped to 11K from 5K. Not sure if they did HP or not.

Lastly called into Discover as couldnt do online and they upped me from 7.7K to 9.7K.

Not too bad all in all but bummed about Amex and Chase is just weird. The scores were before me doing anything so probably dropped a bit now. 70K income. 6.6 years AAoA. Last new card was last May.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CLI Spree Overall pretty good

Nice job congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your CLIs. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on some of your CLI successes.  You may have reached the internal Chase limit threshold at this point if they can only allocate CLs between other accounts.

Message 6 of 13
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@gsxrgt wrote:

I finally got my utility down to 3% and decided to CLI all my cards starting about a week ago. At the time had about 10 inquiries on Experian ranging from early 2012 until May 2013. Only two each on TU and Equifax. Experian FICO on here was 773, TU from my Disocver wass 797 and Equifax on here was 813.

First up was Citi TY Preferred. Called in and they had to pull Experian but analyst bumped me from 7.8K to 12K with no problem.

Amex BCP: Asked for 24.5K but got 7-10 day message. Im assuming they still have older SP with higher Util. Knew I should've waited Smiley Sad (can you request again anytime or do I have to wait six months?) I believe if you're denied, you can apply back in 90 days after last credit review. And I wonder if maybe you're getting a manual review because it's so close to 25k?

CSP I called and asked for 20K from 11K and they pulled report nd said they'd let me know.. I checked later and they just moved 9K from my Freedom to CSP lol. I just SM'd them to move it back and see if they can still up just the CSP. What is your Cred Util Rate for both cards?

Penfed did online and they upped to 11K from 5K. Not sure if they did HP or not.

Lastly called into Discover as couldnt do online and they upped me from 7.7K to 9.7K. How long did you have the card?

Not too bad all in all but bummed about Amex and Chase is just weird. The scores were before me doing anything so probably dropped a bit now. 70K income. 6.6 years AAoA. Last new card was last May.

Also, congrats on the other cards!!!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 7 of 13
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Congrats on some of your CLI successes.  You may have reached the internal Chase limit threshold at this point if they can only allocate CLs between other accounts.

+1 that's what I was thinking. Do you have any more Chase cards besides the ones listed?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 13
gsxrgt
New Contributor

Yeah that makes sense now that you guys mention it, didn't even cross my mind before even though read about it all the time on here lol. And Efranklin I've had the Discover since 2004 and just those two Chase cards. Freedom was at 10K and CSP 11K before they moved it.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 9 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gsxrgt wrote:

Yeah that makes sense now that you guys mention it, didn't even cross my mind before even though read about it all the time on here lol. And Efranklin I've had the Discover since 2004 and just those two Chase cards. Freedom was at 10K and CSP 11K before they moved it.

It sounds like you may have reached it for the time being.  Overall, not too bad since both tradelines are = or > $10K.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.