Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Success! CapOne, Amex & Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Success! CapOne, Amex & Discover

All over the past couple weeks....

Hit my 6 month mark with Capital One - hit that luv button and BAM $3k (up to $8k)! Second $3k increase with them!  I use my Venture primarily for my rent - so putting $2k through each month and paying in full. 

Amex followed the 61 days 3x CLI - sure enough $2.8k CLI (up to $4.2k) got my 180 day maked on my calendar! Pretty much just use this guy for groceries with the 3% back! 

Discover - 6th statement cut - luv button and 2 day message.  3 days later chatted and was told CLI was denied, but then the next morning I logged on and had a $2k increase ($5.9k total) - this is my second CLI with Discover! This is the main card I put EVERYTHING else on since I'm in my first year. 

Hope to see these card keep growing!! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI Success! CapOne, Amex & Discover

That's awesome, congrats!  Nice to hear that Cap One gave you some luv: I can't buy a cli with them.  Way to go!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on 3 great cards with the potential to grow. I have the exact 3 and i hit the Capital one every six months. Im already at a comfortable limit with my Amex so i stopped asking but i use to also ask every 181 days.

Now i read that you use your discover for everything ? I have had my discover for about a year and half but ive been using it as my daily driver for a while now and i hit that CLI button every month after my statement cuts and i pay in full.

I have been successful in getting some pretty hefty CLIs after the two day review. ( which in reality for me isnt two days sometimes i log in 6 days later and bam i see a CLI )

So yea just know discover is all over the place with CLIs but since you use it often i dont think it would hurt to hit that button every 31 days

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on 3 great cards with the potential to grow. I have the exact 3 and i hit the Capital one every six months. Im already at a comfortable limit with my Amex so i stopped asking but i use to also ask every 181 days.

Now i read that you use your discover for everything ? I have had my discover for about a year and half but ive been using it as my daily driver for a while now and i hit that CLI button every month after my statement cuts and i pay in full.

I have been successful in getting some pretty hefty CLIs after the two day review. ( which in reality for me isnt two days sometimes i log in 6 days later and bam i see a CLI )

So yea just know discover is all over the place with CLIs but since you use it often i dont think it would hurt to hit that button every 31 days

Thanks for the tip!  I've tried before the 91 day mark and always gotten the "not enough experience with current credit" letter - but I will continue to give it a shot! 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, it is a great feeling to get one credit line increase let alone three! 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're on fire...Congrats!! Keep up the good work!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover - 6th statement cut - luv button and 2 day message.  3 days later chatted and was told CLI was denied, but then the next morning I logged on and had a $2k increase ($5.9k total) - this is my second CLI with Discover! This is the main card I put EVERYTHING else on since I'm in my first year. 

Here I thought AMEX was the only one that did stupid stuff like that.  Anyway you can make this Disco grow if you put a little bit of effort into it.  There's a special # in my unOfficial thread that you can call when you want to know more about a CLI or if you are willing to do a HP for a specific CL amount.  Anywho I find them to be productive on an every other month basis at this point for CLI's and have been able to capture 18K+ in the last 4 months from them in CLI's.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/18K-of-CLI-from-Disco-in-4-months/td-p/4855902

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/td-p/4802538

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.