cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI and CC Approvals...Yes! $44,000 new credit in 48hrs.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI and CC Approvals...Yes! $44,000 new credit in 48hrs.

Well, for starters, I was a little bummed after being denied a mortgage loan from NFCU because I didn't have 2 years experience as a 1099, "employee." According to them, this was the only reason I was denied. Told me to come back in a year. Yeah...yeah. Technicalities! Feeling a little annoyed and like I'd lost something, I decided to app., and boy was I glad I did!!

NFCU goRewards from $3000 to $18,000
Approved for NFCU CLOC for $15,000
Approved for Cap. One Venture for $20,000
Approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred for $9000

Fico across 3 bureaus - Low 700s
AAoA= 8 years
Last 30 day late- 2.5 years
Income- $260,000/year
Joined NFCU 1.5 years ago and applied for goRewards card. One 1 day late payment but otherwise on time.

Got a little trigger happy! Better slow down since I'll be reapplying for a mortgage in a year. Oddly enough, I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but my Equifax only lost 8 points and Experian 1 point. All of my inquiries have posted.

The wierd thing is that I have a Capital One Venture One card . I asked for a CLI and they only increased it by $500 to $4500. Really? After banking with you forever?

I was checking Credit Karma for updates and the Venture Card was recommended so I decided to go for it and whoohoo !! From my experience, Credit Karma is usually spot on with approval odds.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI and CC Approvals...Yes! $44,000 new credit in 48hrs.

Wow, GCG, what an awesome two days of shopping! Congrats to you on your goRewards increase, and some very nice approvals! Love your lineup! Enjoy all of your successes! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

When one Penfed door closes a Navy hatch opensSmiley Happy

VERY NICE approvals. Best of luck on your future homeSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried a national mortgage lender like Citi? Citi, Wells, and a few others have portfolio programs for new mortgages that don't nessessarily conform to the standard "inside the box" model, and the pricing is usually only .25-.375% higher than the standard rates. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't tried those lenders. I should consider them, but they probably wouldn't want me now after going on this shopping spree. I'll definitely have to look into this. Thanks a mil.!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! look @ you go! Congratulations!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.