Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for Carecredit and Sam's

tag
CreditBloke
Valued Member

CLI for Carecredit and Sam's

So my Wayfair card was finally reported as closed, even though I covered that credit line with CLI's last month. I had wanted to increase my padding even before Wayfair announced the Citi take over. So I went ahead and applied for another increase on my Sam's Store Credit Card. It went from $3000 to $5000. I tried a second time to bring it to $10,000 no go. I have been using the card once a week for gas to encourage growth. I know no rewards, but it is part of my gardening techniques. Although I am not sure, it is considered gardening if you apply for SP CLI's. I also applied for a CLI on my Care Credit Card, which went from $7000 to $10,000. I use that card once or twice a month at Walgreens, where I coupon (no more than $20 ever), but I mainly keep it for the promotional financing in case of potential vet emergencies outside of what I keep in my dog emergency fund. Anyways I was thinking about my timeline of growth, and it is a bit crazy. I know synchrony grows fast, but my Sam's card started at $400 less than a year ago, and Care Credit started at $600 two years ago in September. Carecredit is my first $10K credit line. I have always been bucketed at lower credit limits, so it feels nice to feel like I finally got an adult CL, lol.

I do want to let people know they removed my request more button on my Paypal MC. I try to make a request once a month. The last rejection I got in the mail said not enough experience with the credit limit, but I have a $-8 balance ATM because of a return. So that may be why they removed it. I have only had the card since January, and I have a 2K CL, so may cool down with CLI's requests and wait and try in January. I have made a fortune with all the promos they have offered the last few months. I think I have made over $120 in cash since January. Which for a 2 % card is nice. Think most of that has been 4% and 5% promos. I use it as my daily driver, so I want a little bit of a higher limit; that way, my usage won't fluctuate that much if it posts a balance. 

Current Cards:

Student Loan Accounts:

Scores as of 7/01/2021:

Inquires as of 7/01/2021:

Average Age of Credit History as of 1/30/2021

* Gardening since 07/01/21. Garden Goal Date is 07/01/23

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: CLI for Carecredit and Sam's

Congratulations on your CLIs!
Message 2 of 10
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 3 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your CLI's  ....

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting the CLIs out of Synch Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 10
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI's!!!

Message 9 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI success!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.