cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI for Carecredit and Sam's

Highlighted
Established Member

CLI for Carecredit and Sam's

So my Wayfair card was finally reported as closed, even though I covered that credit line with CLI's last month. I had wanted to increase my padding even before Wayfair announced the Citi take over. So I went ahead and applied for another increase on my Sam's Store Credit Card. It went from $3000 to $5000. I tried a second time to bring it to $10,000 no go. I have been using the card once a week for gas to encourage growth. I know no rewards, but it is part of my gardening techniques. Although I am not sure, it is considered gardening if you apply for SP CLI's. I also applied for a CLI on my Care Credit Card, which went from $7000 to $10,000. I use that card once or twice a month at Walgreens, where I coupon (no more than $20 ever), but I mainly keep it for the promotional financing in case of potential vet emergencies outside of what I keep in my dog emergency fund. Anyways I was thinking about my timeline of growth, and it is a bit crazy. I know synchrony grows fast, but my Sam's card started at $400 less than a year ago, and Care Credit started at $600 two years ago in September. Carecredit is my first $10K credit line. I have always been bucketed at lower credit limits, so it feels nice to feel like I finally got an adult CL, lol.

I do want to let people know they removed my request more button on my Paypal MC. I try to make a request once a month. The last rejection I got in the mail said not enough experience with the credit limit, but I have a $-8 balance ATM because of a return. So that may be why they removed it. I have only had the card since January, and I have a 2K CL, so may cool down with CLI's requests and wait and try in January. I have made a fortune with all the promos they have offered the last few months. I think I have made over $120 in cash since January. Which for a 2 % card is nice. Think most of that has been 4% and 5% promos. I use it as my daily driver, so I want a little bit of a higher limit; that way, my usage won't fluctuate that much if it posts a balance. 

download
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: CLI for Carecredit and Sam's

Congratulations on your CLIs!
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Established Contributor

October 2020: Experian 687 Equifax 683 Transunion 698

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $500
Cap One QS1: $2,600
Discover It: $2,900
Cap One Walmart: $500
AMEX BCE: $1,000
Amazon Prime Store Card: $1,000
Overstock Store Card: $1,550

Wishlist Cards:
Citi Double Cash
Paypal Mastercard
Discover Cash Back
Cap One Savor

Gardening until January 2021

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Congrats on your CLI's  ....

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Contributor

Congrats 

myFICO 8 Scores 10/2020

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted

Grats on getting the CLIs out of Synch Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Current FICO 8:

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Goal Cards:

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congrats !

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>09/2020 CCT EX 818 TU 826 EQ 840

Color me your color, baby
Color me your car
Color me your color, darling
I know who you are
Come up off your color chart
I know where you're comin' from
Call me (call me) on the line
Call me, call me any, anytime
Call me (call me) my love
You can call me any day or night
Call me

Blondie - Call me ( 1978 )
Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI's!!!

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI success!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.