cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI increase and recent approvals! Small victories during rebuilding!

tag
lily04
Established Member

CLI increase and recent approvals! Small victories during rebuilding!

Well I wanted to share my small victory with everyone and inspire anyone who is still in the rebuilding stage as there been times I wanted to give up since I am very impatient and want instant gratification. I learned only time can fix the damages. 

Well I am still in the rebuilding phase my scores were all in the 400's less than a year ago and my current scores are EQ: 614 TU: 680 EX:646.

I have 2 small collections on EQ and a student loan that I am currently rehabbing. ( Student loan are really hurting my scores. ) Plus I have a lot of inquires 30+ on all 3 bureau's ( Many of the inquires was when I first started rebuilding and went on a app spree without knowing the full consequences and I recently purchased a car in February). My Utilization is at 14% I just recently paid off my Jareds card so that should drop it back down to 0% which should bring a small increase since I lost points recently.

Anyhoo, I want to try anyhing I can do in the meantime while I wait for the small collections to drop and my student loan rehab to be complete which is in 2 months.( So excited to have these deleted soon!) 

So you may have noticed I have a lot of inquires and I am trying to do only SP in the meantime while I wait for the inquiries to drop off. I was approved last week for a NFCU membership, refinanced my auto loan and was approved for the nRewards and CLOC at $7K all in the same night. I was on cloud 9 that day!!Smiley Very Happy

I was also recently approved back in May for a Chase Freedom, Slate Card, Barclays all around the same time with some other store cards I personally use. I was very surprised to get the preapprovals for Chase since my scores were lower at that time and I had a lot of inquires. I have learned they have this 5/24 rule but I am convinced they make exceptions on this rule since I had more than 5 new cards within 24 months. I probably think what helped was the fact I bank with them.

Today as alway, my routine is to log on to Myfico and read some posts. I noticed that Walmart does SP CLI. I thought let me try the LUV button but NOTHING.I tried i again because I thought it had to be a misake LOL and NOTHING again. I couldn't find the chat feature since I read on here you can request a CLI that way ,so I called the back door number. It was a short convo, I asked for $10,000 they countered at $6K. I have only had them for 2 months.

I am excited to see how much my score increases after the NFCU CLOC, paid acct with Jareds and CLI for Walmart reports. My scores aren't that great and I am still fixing a few items but I am so happy with myself for still sticking with it and for this Forum. Without this Forum I would still be stuck with 400's.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: CLI increase and recent approvals! Small victories during rebuilding!

Amazing job on your rebuild. I myself made some mistakes on my comeback trail but it really is a blessing to have found this site and learn from those mistakes. Best wishes for a continued success on your rebuild, we get there 1 step at a time Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 18
lily04
Established Member

Thank you!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats , we have similar issues esp with student laons , they are my last bad thing , last payment is this mth and I'm so excited to see how it goes for me when it comes off .
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Great story that lets us know there's a light at the end of the .....

Message 6 of 18
lily04
Established Member

Hi Aduke! 

I will be stalking your posts in the near furture! LOL Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 18
lily04
Established Member

Thank you! I will be joining thr garden with you!  hope I can stay strong for the next 7 months.....Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey that's what I have been doing to the ones who have rehabbed bf me lol I stay stalking thier threads 😂 but that's how we learn right ? You can do it 7 mths isn't too long. I got a nice surprise in tje mail , it was my letter from Navy Fed from last week when I opened my CC with them , it showed my TU scpre of 643 which complete shocked me bc the last time I pulled my 3B it was barely 600!!! So I'm am a happy girl today! Plus my new accts have been added along with a baddie removed , I can't wait to see this along with the SL being removed how much of an increase I may get. But don't want to get my hopes up too much 😉

The only thing I am upset with is that Navy Fed reported my acct within a week. But my fiancé who got approved in July and added me as AU his acct never got reported but instead they waited all this time until his first statement cut and it shows a balance bc we haven't had a due date yet so now my UTI which is usually around 3 percent went up to 40 %😠😠
Message 9 of 18
lily04
Established Member

Same here! I got a leter from NFCU with my TU score of 701. Its much more higher than what Fico is reporting at 680 which is weird...

As for the acct reporting without a due date I had that happen to me with Chase when there wasnt a due date and a statement hadn't cut . It dropeed my score Smiley Mad When I paid down the balances to Zero within a few days the bureaus updated my balance and restored my points to what it was orginally. I thought it was a system glitch on there part. I was just glad it was fixed.

I hope it didn't hurt you too much....

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.