cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI increase and recent approvals! Small victories during rebuilding!

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: CLI increase and recent approvals! Small victories during rebuilding!

I don't know as of yet how bad its hurt me , wouldn't you know it would happen just as I'm getting over 600 scores and seeing good progress . We now have a due date but at the time it reported we didn't even have a button to pay the balance as it hadn't been est what our dates would be . I can't pull my next 3B til this coming week. I'm hoping wit the added new accts and a couple CLIs we have gotten it doesn't hurt too bad until we can pay off the balance on it in a couple weeks.
Message 11 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And I do think it was some kind of glitch bc everyone I spoke to said theirs reported in about a week after opening , as did mine. His was opened July 12th , just reported yesterday.
Message 12 of 18
lily04
Established Member

It seems when we start making progress something pops up or theres tempations. Keep your head up and I am excited to see how it goes with your SL!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thank you , I will report as soon as I have any new updates with it .
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lily04 wrote:

Well I wanted to share my small victory with everyone and inspire anyone who is still in the rebuilding stage as there been times I wanted to give up since I am very impatient and want instant gratification. I learned only time can fix the damages. 

Well I am still in the rebuilding phase my scores were all in the 400's less than a year ago and my current scores are EQ: 614 TU: 680 EX:646.

I have 2 small collections on EQ and a student loan that I am currently rehabbing. ( Student loan are really hurting my scores. ) Plus I have a lot of inquires 30+ on all 3 bureau's ( Many of the inquires was when I first started rebuilding and went on a app spree without knowing the full consequences and I recently purchased a car in February). My Utilization is at 14% I just recently paid off my Jareds card so that should drop it back down to 0% which should bring a small increase since I lost points recently.

Anyhoo, I want to try anyhing I can do in the meantime while I wait for the small collections to drop and my student loan rehab to be complete which is in 2 months.( So excited to have these deleted soon!) 

So you may have noticed I have a lot of inquires and I am trying to do only SP in the meantime while I wait for the inquiries to drop off. I was approved last week for a NFCU membership, refinanced my auto loan and was approved for the nRewards and CLOC at $7K all in the same night. I was on cloud 9 that day!!Smiley Very Happy

I was also recently approved back in May for a Chase Freedom, Slate Card, Barclays all around the same time with some other store cards I personally use. I was very surprised to get the preapprovals for Chase since my scores were lower at that time and I had a lot of inquires. I have learned they have this 5/24 rule but I am convinced they make exceptions on this rule since I had more than 5 new cards within 24 months. I probably think what helped was the fact I bank with them.

Today as alway, my routine is to log on to Myfico and read some posts. I noticed that Walmart does SP CLI. I thought let me try the LUV button but NOTHING.I tried i again because I thought it had to be a misake LOL and NOTHING again. I couldn't find the chat feature since I read on here you can request a CLI that way ,so I called the back door number. It was a short convo, I asked for $10,000 they countered at $6K. I have only had them for 2 months.

I am excited to see how much my score increases after the NFCU CLOC, paid acct with Jareds and CLI for Walmart reports. My scores aren't that great and I am still fixing a few items but I am so happy with myself for still sticking with it and for this Forum. Without this Forum I would still be stuck with 400's.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lily04 wrote:

Thank you! I will be joining thr garden with you!  hope I can stay strong for the next 7 months.....Smiley Sad

I highly recommend you garden closer to two years instead of seven months. AAoA and INQ's is going to handicap you for a bit. Continually apping and adding new accounts  will slow you down. If you don't NEED more credit, do not get more. 

Message 16 of 18
lily04
Established Member

Thank you for the advice!! The reason I say 7 months its because I want to purchase a home by then. I am currently renting and do not want to renew my lease. I don't know how they feel about a month to month yet.... I might end up waiting maybe even longer depending on how my scores are at that time. I do mortgages now and I can reduce my payments if I have my scores at least 750. Even if it is just $20-30

Message 17 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild sucess!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.