cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's - BofA (4x CLI), Macy's store card (31x!!!), Nordstrom store card (8x CLI)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI's - BofA (4x CLI), Macy's store card (31x!!!), Nordstrom store card (8x CLI)

I posted a few days ago about a probably ill-advised application at the very beginning of my proposed garden adventure. Could not resist a pre-Approved for Citi Costco Visa, ended up with a $4k SL.

Then I got confident, researched if BofA does soft inquiries for credit line increases because my bankamericard (no rewards) had been at $500 for almost 2 years. (they are soft pulls turns out) - $500 CL -> $2300. ($1800 increase) online!!! Had the card since 1/2018 never received/requested a CLI. Over 4x CLI!!! 

Then I was like dang!!! I realized my Nordstrom card has been open a while now (1/2019) and had been use + PIF with a zero balance for the last few months. (researched, also soft pull) - $300 -> $2500!!! ($2200 increase) after calling and asking, also ensuring that it wasn’t a hard inquiry, repeatedly over the phone. Over 8x CLI!!!

Finally, I had been so sick of my macy’s store card, I have literally been at a $100 SL for 2 years (opened 10/2017). I actually tried for CLI 2 months ago for an increase with a denial (prior to score increase and multiple months with no spend on the card). I called to make absolutely sure it was not a hard inquiry and asked at multiple points along the way because “sometimes they have to” but you can stop them before if you make it clear. The CSR checked to make sure I was eligible without a hard pull and I asked for 5k. Then boom countered! - $100->$3100!!!!! ($3,000 increase). 31x SL!!!!

So all in all $7300 increase in available credit with a few clicks and two calls, Add in the recent citi approval and that bumps me to $11,300 up over the past week. Honestly I was baffled but ecstatic and will be hitting the garden while waiting for some auto love until I reach <5/24 next June (Hoping for Chase Marriott Bonvoy).

*Of note, scores recently improved by nearly 100 points across all three and utilization dramatically improved with large payments and 12.5k AU account added with zero balance. All of these cards that received CLI's were zeroed out and PIF recently. This increase in TCL puts me under 30% total utilization once they all report. Not sure what kind of bump I can expect in my score, but I am sure there will be a transient decrease with the new citi account and inquiry... all things considered, worth it I would say.

** Also of note, and seemingly important in my opinion, is that I must stress that I thoroughly researched and repeatedly clarified with the CSR's at Macy's/Nordstrom over the phone each and every step of the way that these requests would not result in a hard inquiry, and only after getting confirmation each time did I authorize it. All SP in the end.

*** Also, Approved for Apple card @ $3k SL, 23.99% APR (Have not and will likely not accept with my credit goals involving 5/24) 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI's - BofA (4x CLI), Macy's store card (31x!!!), Nordstrom store card (8x CLI)

Congrats on CLI's approval !!!!

Message 2 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CLI's - BofA (4x CLI), Macy's store card (31x!!!), Nordstrom store card (8x CLI)

Congrats on all your increases

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and all your killer CLIs!!
Message 4 of 14
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs...

Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty respectible run of CLIs, congrats on all Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks All! any thoughts on the Applecard approval, given my profile and goal of marriott bonvoy? Currently will reach 4/24 in 6/2020 but adding the apple card would push 4/24 until 1/2021. Also 3 new accounts since May.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great results - congrats!
Message 8 of 14
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Bet that feels good :-) Congrats on your success

Message 9 of 14
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Nice increases, congrats!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.