cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's and weird Discover thing

Regular Contributor

CLI's and weird Discover thing

I haven't posted in a good while, but I had to share this:

So, I logged into Discover to pay my bill this evening. While I was there I thought, what the heck, I haven't asked for a CLI since they dropped a bombshell $11,200 auto CLI on me back in 9/16. So I enter the data, and just as I was clicking submit I notice me current CL was even higher. For a long time it was always $14,000 but now it was $17,000. Too late, as I was already clicking the button. The whirly thing came up and POW another $3500, taking the CL to $20,500! OK, When did this $17,000 happen? So I looked back at my previous statements and saw a $1400 auto cli in June of 17, then the $1600 auto CLI just this month! December statement shows $15400, This statement showed $17000. And I hit the luv button!!! That's just nuts.

Anyway, I figured, again, what the heck. So I hit Walmart MC up and got another $1000 taking it to $6000, hit CITI up for another $3000 going to $6300.

Was going to hit a few others up, (USAA, Chase) but didn't want the HP's so I stopped there.

What an interesting day it's been.

USAA WMC $12,500, PenFed Promise $12000, Capital One Venture $5000, Capital One QS $6300, Cabelas Visa $5000, NuVision FCU $1000, Discover it $20500, Amex BCE $3300, Chase Freedom $2200, Lowes $12,000, WalMart MC $6000, Kays $2700, Macy's $1000, Care Credit $9000, Amazon Store $2000
Beginning score 590 (6/2014) Current: EQ 770 TA 767 EX 776
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing


Smokeyhill wrote:

I haven't posted in a good while, but I had to share this:

So, I logged into Discover to pay my bill this evening. While I was there I thought, what the heck, I haven't asked for a CLI since they dropped a bombshell $11,200 auto CLI on me back in 9/16. So I enter the data, and just as I was clicking submit I notice me current CL was even higher. For a long time it was always $14,000 but now it was $17,000. Too late, as I was already clicking the button. The whirly thing came up and POW another $3500, taking the CL to $20,500! OK, When did this $17,000 happen? So I looked back at my previous statements and saw a $1400 auto cli in June of 17, then the $1600 auto CLI just this month! December statement shows $15400, This statement showed $17000. And I hit the luv button!!! That's just nuts.

Anyway, I figured, again, what the heck. So I hit Walmart MC up and got another $1000 taking it to $6000, hit CITI up for another $3000 going to $6300.

Was going to hit a few others up, (USAA, Chase) but didn't want the HP's so I stopped there.

What an interesting day it's been.


CONGRATS Smiley Happy AWESOME Smiley Happy WONDERFUL Smiley Happy GREAT Smiley Happy So happy for you Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Established Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing

The phrase "a watched pot never boils" comes to mind because of this thread.

 

Making mental note to ignore my cards for a while...

In the garden since 01/24/18 = Last FICO Update: 06/07/18 = EX 663 = TU 667 = EQ 723 = Steven Seagal of the Garden Club
Message 3 of 10
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing

Most of us would ignore Disco and end up with cld with how they work. Smiley Wink

Congrats Op , looks like Discover has you on speed dialSmiley Happy



Gardening since 6/13/18
Goal: No hps or cli requests at least til 1/1/19, 7/13/20 preferable
Message 4 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing

Congratulations for getting on the disco CLI rollercoaster and winning!

Message 5 of 10
Established Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing

Fantastic. That was a nice surprise!

Message 6 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing


TheCreditGame wrote:

The phrase "a watched pot never boils" comes to mind because of this thread.

 

Making mental note to ignore my cards for a while...

 

 

I'm right with you. Wow, wow, wow for OP




EX 792, TU 809, EQ 805
|| NFCU CashRewards $25K || AmX $15K || Macy's $15K || Discover IT $10.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 7 of 10
Super Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing

Congrats OP, those are nice surprises.

 

and here I am, since mid 2016, 7 attempts, each a little more than 90 days gap, pulling teeth to get $500 max each time, one time was nothin' doin'.

 

I'm at $16,500 now, so I can't complain too much, but I will.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812

Delta Reserve and CSP Jan 2018, no more 5/24 worries... unless new Chase Marriott/SPG replacement is enticing...meh, turns out not.
Message 8 of 10
Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing

What was your payment strategy? I'm a new card holder less than 2 months.. I have 0 balance I PIF every statement bill. Need it bumped up... lol!
11/2016 - EQ(575)/TU(550)/EX(565) Current - EQ(635)/TU(680)/EX(678) Goal – 700


Message 9 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI's and weird Discover thing


lexus829 wrote:
What was your payment strategy? I'm a new card holder less than 2 months.. I have 0 balance I PIF every statement bill. Need it bumped up... lol!h

 


Keep it up and hopefully a few days after your third statement generates.. youll see an auto-cli... if not.. hit the luv button... if so.. hit the luv button and see if theres anything left on the table.. =)

 

 

Message 10 of 10